Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best brush residential for Gardner pole

Don't limit yourself, it is better to have a selection of brushes.

Brush for first cleans – thicker more absorbent Nylon monofilament (this brush will probably last you a few years)

Brush for regular maintenance cleans – Less absorbent Polyester monofilament, these brushes should be very fast in use (this brush should be change a lot more often)

Boars Hair Brushes are a great all round brush; use them for hot or cold wfp systems and any type of clean – but they are slower in use on some types of work – If you have self cleaning glass to clean nothing works quicker than a boar’s hair brush.

Richard

Yes this is true I do have a selection of flocked, sill brushes, monofilament but most of the time use my superlight mono.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

I'm using super light at min gav was just wondering if there were better out there though I have no complaints about my superlite

Yep they really are. Although I have not used many other poles, but I really like my slx well worth the money. Best thing is they are only about 45 mins away from me and they let you pop in to get stuff.

Gardiner Extreme Super Light Medium Trim Sill Brush. It's sexy. I love it.

& Yes Gardiner Poles are the best out there on the market to date in my oppinion.

James.

Was looking at that brush James. Is it any good, do you use it for most things or just sills how does it compare to the duel trim superlight?

Was looking at that brush James. Is it any good, do you use it for most things or just sills how does it compare to the duel trim superlight?

Oh Gav it beats the duel trim superlight any day! It's much lighter and the gooseneck extension is very handy as well (all though it's an extra attatchment). I use it for everything, conservatory roofs, frames, sills you name it. It's really sturdy and it flexes really good, the only bad point I have noticed is that the bristles don't cover the sides of the brush very well, so you have to be carefull with knocking the frames when moving from side to side. Apart from that I would fully rate them.

I mean how can you say no to that?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=375042035854574&set=a.314664878558957.103455.301831336508978&type=3&theater

James.

Almost can't say no! How is It on the glass? I like my brush as it splays nicely and moves well on the glass

i've got the same one james and also think it needs modifying at the sides- can make a right clatter on deeper frames.

it seems most prefer the soft one with black bristles, don't know if the softer filaments help with the sides issue though

i think it's fine, but as i say, most prefer the soft which may suit you if you like a wide splay, i think the white one could have at least 1 if not 2 more rows of bristles, and i've heard the soft has got more.

by the way james, something i'm thinking of doing is glueing some funky foam to the sides to take some of the crashing of the sides into frames away, i'm just a tad concerned as to whether that extra 2mm at each end will affect cleaning the edges of some windows, if you follow me. but it's something i did on my other brush at the bottom, so i did'nt scratch the sills.

i have a few gardiners brushes and this is what i think of them

Dual trim white Pencils GREAT

Dual Trim White Fans GREAT

Black Dual trim cill TOO SOFT

Black Flat Trim Cill TOO SOFT

White Dual Trim Cill WASNT IMPRESSED SEEMED TO GO DEFORMED

White Flat Trim Cill ONE I AM USING AT MOMENT, GOOD, BUT WANT TO KEEP CHANGING

Super lite Flat Pencils GOOD

Extreme wide Pencils ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BRUSHES

Extreme Wide Fans THIS IS MY FAVOURITE BRUSH WHEN WORKING ON OWN

Red Flat cill TOO STIFF

Black Dual Trim Pencils NEVER LIKED IT, SEEMED TO STICK TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS GLUED TOGETHER

a few /emoticons/biggrin.png

superb post bluemonkey, i know these things are a matter of taste but i'll be referring to this when i pick the next?

is the white flat the same as the white dual without the dual? just wondering why both don't 'deform'?

The difference between brushes can be small or large i.e. full trim or duel trim will be classed a small difference and two brushes with very different kinds of monofilament will be a large difference.

So you look to choose a brush by going by the large differences first then making a decision on a small difference like trim i.e. full trim brush is ideal for Georgian windows.

Within reason just about any brush will eventually clean a window, the only real difference that counts is how long it takes, and this is what impacts earnings in a big way.

Any ‘real’ differences brushes have will mean they have to be used accordingly to get the best from them, which is always about speed of cleaning; this is down to the individual window cleaner and nothing else.

Richard

i asked alex and he said they where the same brushes, but the dual trim cill got deformed, but my other dual trims never, could of been me, as i tend to be heavy user, the extreme wide is a great brush once you get use to the size of it, the soft brushes to me are like using a mop, they are just too soft,

Latest Posts

Back