Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning my own house

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Decided to clean all my fascias and pvc today as I thought it was about time..plus who would want a windie with a minging house..not a good advert.

Anyway a car pulls up across the drive and I get a "how much to do that to my house"

Turns out I clean her next door neighbour in a private close of 4 houses and I do the other guys windows for 20 quid

I smell a few quid for this job when I quote it tomorrow.

Moral of the storey ..keep your own house clean

Ha my wife tells me our house is a great advert for work, well last thing I feel like doing after a days graft.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Hand it to you davieboy I'm lucky if I get mine done every few months just so much more takes higher place when I get home. Typical tradesman trait.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

My missus moans if any dirt on windows

Reckon they're half the original thickness by now..14 years x52 cleans=728 give or take..reckon realistically about 550 cleans since I lived here

Wifey wants hers cleaned once a month .. Payment in kind:thumbsup::thumbsup:
My Mrs used to try and pull that trick :eek:........until I said........... 'NAH! You're OK, just give me the money' :hehehe::hehehe:.....

That's when the fight started :rofl:.

I do mine every 2 weeks or so for the same reason Daveyboy, but I haven't got lucky with anyone walking past yet.

I live on a long road which is access for most people round here so get seen a lot

That helps mate. My house is set back from the road a little, and its blocked by a lot of trees which aint good. But I still think its worth keeping on top of. Bout time I did the facias like you too.

Back