Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Parts Per Billion System, Is It Worth It?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

parts per billion, is it worth it?

• Total voters
Depends on whether you want to inspect the glass with a microscope to notice the difference.

What about my new parts per trillion machine, costs loads, looks like it came from space and cleans glass. The best upgrade to any system is hot water.

0 Ppm leaves spotless Windows.

0 Ppb leaves windows spotless.

How much money do you want to spend to achieve the same result?

It's still a cold water system.

An inline uv filter is quite cheap, do you really need an ozone generator for cleaning windows, if you maintain your system these items are pointless.

You will achieve perfect results with 0ppm if you do it reasonably well.

Waste of money if you ask me..

Surely if you have 000 ppm it would be 000 ppb also? How can you make something purer that's already 100% pure, or is the water not 100% pure when it's says 000ppm?

Is there a new tds meter to check ppb that will be another way to get money out of window cleaners!

Waste of money if you ask me..
Surely if you have 000 ppm it would be 000 ppb also? How can you make something purer that's already 100% pure, or is the water not 100% pure when it's says 000ppm?

Is there a new tds meter to check ppb that will be another way to get money out of window cleaners!
000ppm is not 100% pure, its good enough for us to use and its been proven as the glass is clean with ppm!

there is more that you can take out to make it purer. mainly for labs and electronic places to use!

You can go crazy with water purification, we could then look at killing all the aerobic an anaerobic bacteria etc in the water. First we need to remove all the oxygen from the water, which will kill the aerobic stuff, then you need to blast the water with micro bubbles at a specific wavelength to efficiently destroy the rest. Yet again another expensive process.

yer thats true, at the end of the day its window cleaning, ppm works well and does the job, why improve that?

as the saying goes:-

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Depends on whether you want to inspect the glass with a microscope to notice the difference.
What about my new parts per trillion machine, costs loads, looks like it came from space and cleans glass. The best upgrade to any system is hot water.

0 Ppm leaves spotless Windows.

0 Ppb leaves windows spotless.

How much money do you want to spend to achieve the same result?

It's still a cold water system.

An inline uv filter is quite cheap, do you really need an ozone generator for cleaning windows, if you maintain your system these items are pointless.

You will achieve perfect results with 0ppm if you do it reasonably well.
So true.

Lol
Issues with frames,seals and glass with still cause problems with PPT PPB PPM
whats that saying???? ummm something about workman and tools? cant just think of it right now :lol:

Just buy a tds meter that reads parts per billion (system upgraded) thats all it is.

A meter that reads closer to 0 (which can`t be achived!, infinity at decimal level and all that jazz)

I cleaned up to 15ppm and never had a problem and I have heard you can go higher but I really cant see the point making water 1000 times purer than 000ppm

000ppM in ppB terms could be 300ppB

I think anyway(as what I remember someone mentioned awhile ago)

So if you get the 300ppB down to 000ppB will be purer?

whats that saying???? ummm something about workman and tools? cant just think of it right now :lol:
What i was getting at is ionics are selling it on the fact that it makes first cleans easier with little to no spotting. Unless you know what you are doing, you will still get spotting.

I personally havent seen any spotting on my windows for a good year now.

Yet if i turn up at other houses, cleaned by other chaps. I can 100% see some spotting.

Back