Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone have issues with condensation in van?

slippy

Anyone have this?  If I leave my van for a week locked up it's absolutely dripping off van ceiling.  Worried about electrics which go round ceiling. Might leave van side door open.  Where I park van next to a fence in my block of flats no one would  see it open. And can lock driver part anyhow

I put in one of these moisture absorbing boxes you use in basements and such, just to be safe. Seems to work fine, but I had no issues with mositure before anyway.

so how do you know its working if you dont have moisture,      how much you pay + where from,    i get it on roof in dispatch in winter time only

so how do you know its working if you dont have moisture,      how much you pay + where from,    i get it on roof in dispatch in winter time only
Good point.  :1f602:

I didn't have the problem with water dripping from the ceiling, but it felt damp, and the air feels less damp now, and smells less. No scientific measurements on how much the humidity dropped though, if at all. Maybe it's purely placebo.

Bought mine from Biltema in Norway, and opted for the one hanging as I didn't want to knock it over and spill the juice. Cost less than 10£ I believe. It rattles a lot though, so needs to secure it properly.

If I leave a full tank all weekend at this time of year my tank has moisture around it, and in colder months I do have some on the roof when I start in the morning.  I just stick the van heating on whilst I'm driving to work and it usually clears up.  Other times I'll just wipe it over with a cloth.  I don't have any exposed electrical wires etc in my van though so I don't worry.

Common issue with transits, still havent found a solution. Some vans have those spinny vents on top to circulate fresh air in to van, not a bad shout

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back