Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying a van and pole system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

L

Lemonza

Hey everyone nice to meet you! I'm new to this forum and think its great and you all seem so helpful. I've been cleaning windows for a few years now traditionally and have a few hundred customers on a 4/6/8 week cycle. The problem is its just getting to busy now and often end up falling behind due to bad weather. I'm thinking about investing in a pole system as I've always fancied the idea of waving goodbye to the ladders! So basically my questions if you can answer are 1. Am I likely to get a half decent van and system for around £6k?(and RO system as I live in Bournemouth, hard water area). And 2. When you change over do the current customers leave in favour of remaining with a traditional window cleaner? Many thanks in advance. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hello and welcome

6 k will easy do it mate the cheapest way would to buy the van you like and make your own system .You can build your own system for about £400 plus your poles reels etc you dont live to far away from me so if you need any help let me know i live in the bridport area

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, the system I would ideally like would just be in the van and connected to a water supply over ***ht. Is it pretty easy to set up a system? At the moment I've looked at so many websites and in all honesty it's turned my brains to mush, I pretty much understand the process from tap water to purified water but I believe that setting up my own system could be difficult. Good things that are on my side though, I know a fabricator, plumber and a sparky so I'm sure between us we could figure it out. Thank you for the offer also.

Yes mate, you can get a nice set up for 6k. If that was my budget, i'd split it 5k on van & 1k on wfp set up, I would make it myself (which is what I've done).

As for customers leaving, you may get a few, but you'll easily make the money back with the new kit. Once up to speed with wfp you'll be a lot quicker than ladders, and you can take on jobs you could never do with ladders.

Also, if a £5 (or even £50 for that matter) customer doesn't want you unless you're risking life and limb up a ladder- then stuff em! You don't want those kinda people.

Most people write a brief letter to customers explaining the process (and the benefits!), and you'll find most reasonable customers are more than happy, if they notice at all!

WFP was the best move I ever made business wise. Go for it. And don't be afraid to ask on here, we all gotta learn!

That is very true, I'd say 95% of my customers would be fine with the changeover and the others, if I'm honest I don't really like anyway and could replace them pretty quickly I'm sure. What sort of checklist would I require to have a complete setup, ideally for two people so I can employ someone once I get a few more customers?

I've just been to see a van that I like the look of, it's a vauxhall Vivaro 1.9 lwb. It has high mileage but has had the cam and gearbox done recently with full service history. Anyone else on here use this or a similar van for their RO pole system? And if so what size tank do you have? /emoticons/biggrin.png

High mileage ? If i was spending over 3,000 on a van... the last thing i would want is high milage.... so make the most of your money lemonza mate

Back