Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conny roof inside and out as well as rest of conny - self cleaning???

Scottie

Hi all.

I have a ful glass conny roof to clean and been told its self cleaning. Well it looks as if that failed, it looks awful. Also inside looks a but manc, maybe smoker /emoticons/sad.png

Is there any way to clean a self cleaning conny roof. Persoanlly I think its utter **** and they dont work. I do not want to scratch a coating off, or will that not happen or is it what they like to make you think?

I was going to put a cleanign solution on first an spray it on the, then use a hose an brush in one and scrub it clean, then squeegee off, cna a squeegee be uses?

This self cleaning **** is throwing a spanner in rthe works, or do you just ingnor that and clean it up.

Thank you. Alos any recommended cleaning solutions, cheaper ones. I am using e cover and flash.

HAHA 'self cleaning'.

Proceed as normal mate, there is no coating. Window Salesman magic talk. Theyre not gonna take a conservatory back if they're not self cleaning are they? Just carry on mate.

Self cleaning glass is real

It don't work but certain chems can't be used on it

Smurf will know what not to use

Just got some asda version of ecover scottie

Still needs a little flash imo but is only £1.35 a litre

Put it direct onto wet squeegee uses less than in the bucket

Outsides I tend to just use pure hot water using wfp method and mostly

Pilkington Activ™ is based on a thin film of titanium dioxide rather than particles of titanium dioxide and the film is approximately 15 nanometres thick.

This add for self cleaning glass is soooo wrong as misleads ppl they will never need to clean them. /emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]

[/media]
If it was so good they would not need to have this to tell you how to clean it and what products to use now would they :laugh:

http://www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/householders/types-of-glass/self-cleaning-glass/brochures

If you then look in the list you will find two relevant pdf's to download.

Cleaning and Maintenance Guidelines

List of Approved Cleaning Agents

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldnt use a scraper on the outside ,just in case.

but if you suspect its been smoked in on the inside thats where you need to be careful- nicotine gloop is very toxic. get it on your skin and itll go straight into your bloodstream, you will feel sick as a dog / another thing your scrubber wont ever wash out nicely after its had smokers nicotine on it . price high AND wear gloves or walk away

Even when i was a smoker i wouldn't do insides if they were sticky with nicotine and smoke

The smell takes days to get off your hands

i have found that smokers are quite honest if you ask "has this here been smoked in ?"

the very worst is where the nicotine has dried out ,and turned into an "ancient oak varnish ", its usually at the top edge of a window - its incredibly hard to remove even with a brand new scraper.

It's part of the reason i gave up smoking

Thougjt to myself that's how i must smell to my wife and son who don't smoke

That and the fact i thought i was being selfish as my dad smoked and died young from heart attack

Still have the odd crafty 1 when i have a beer though

Not clever

now wer onto smoking, arent these Ecigs bleedin annoying. my workers use them when my van is motoring along. several times iv suddenly thought Sh.it the fookin vans on fire , then realized its an ecig is to blame

had a job to clean a load of Florescent Light Diffusers in an office once. (the 5' and 6' long plastic covers that clip over the light fittings).

I cleaned them on site in a big water tank, using water and Sugar Soap, as they were all filthy with nicotine and everything else.

It was back when people were allowed to smoke in the offices.

I wonder now if that was hazardous to my health! :eek:

Only if you rolled up and smoked em..lol

Where i used to work driving they make the drivers smoke ecigs only in the smoking shelter and not in the vans

Only if you rolled up and smoked em..lolWhere i used to work driving they make the drivers smoke ecigs only in the smoking shelter and not in the vans
why was that?

They said it was all part of their policy

Ocado deliver groceries to big money peeps in london etc and don't want it looking like people amoking in vehicles

Or outside van near customers houses etc

All image

They said it was all part of their policyOcado deliver groceries to big money peeps in london etc and don't want it looking like people amoking in vehicles

Or outside van near customers houses etc

All image
spose today was your first day as a free man ? were u out on the streets?

Yeah..canvassing all day

Well since about 11.30 till 5

Got a couple hundred squid of work from it

Now i just gotta get out and actually clean em ..lol

Set aside the rest of this week to get work but think i may need to do some then canvass more or will be backlogged if cack weather

Yeah..canvassing all dayWell since about 11.30 till 5

Set aside the rest of this week to get work but think i may need to do some then canvass more or will be backlogged if cack weather
mmm, the 1st cleans are a drudge everybody knows that . still the weathers jus about perfect for doing them .

This weather is excellent for window cleaning

Not raining but damp and overcast

Soap up a whole load of windows and then squeegee without any drying before you can do em

Can do all bottom windows on 1 side of a house together if you are quick

Or a whole conny..woohoo

Yeah..canvassing all dayWell since about 11.30 till 5

I'm having next week off as I have a couple of things on that will take 2 days up and will disrupt the weeks work. I might do some leafleting in a few areas that I've picked up work in lately, the reason being my nipper leaves school in a year and thinks he's going to earn a grand a week off YouTube /emoticons/biggrin.png. Think he might be joining me somehow, so I better get a few more jobs in for when he joins the family business /emoticons/smile.png

Hopefully my son will do well enough not to have to do this for a living but i want to be busy enough that he can join the family business if he needs to

Hopefully my son will do well enough not to have to do this for a living but i want to be busy enough that he can join the family business if he needs to
Agree Davey, but imagine being a teenager with a load of work dropping in your lap and by your twenties seeing it grow and employing. I know an old boy in his 70's and he has 7 vans on the road. I asked him why he didn't retire and he said he'd probably drop down dead if he did :confused:

Latest Posts

Back