Best Excuse For A Customer Not Paying Or For Cancelling

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by deano13, Jan 21, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. deano13

deano13 Active Member

Best I have had is " I left the money on the side and the cat had it"

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

The one that peeved me the most after I done the first clean was .

" we no longer wish to keep the gate unlocked "
    My reply was " how do you suppose I get in your garden then "
    Still waiting for a reply , that was in november .

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Get them to pay bacs or cheque, if they come to door saying not got cash regular, after that i wouldn`t waste my time.

(I personally don`t go out collecting, if their not in, note left to pay by bacs or post a cheque at their cost).

everyone learns who is a good customer and who isn`t, once i got loads of customers I let the bad ones go.

4. deano13

deano13 Active Member

yeah or my husband is going to do them

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I had the husband say " I'm so sorry but my wife is going to do the windows from now on, she bought her own stuff.. Is that ok? " I just laughed and told him she may not start taking my customers!!

6. deano13

deano13 Active Member

I had some tell the bought the same system as me on bid up tv so no longer needed me I just laught and walked off

7. dth

dth Active Member

I hate it when customers ring up agree a price on a four weekly or eight weekly, you go round spend ages on the first clean with the wfp then ring up and say my husband has decided to do them from now on.

There's some right twats out there that think cos your a window cleaner they can take the piss out of you.

When it happens to me after the first clean i all-ways send a bill in, for a one off clean £25.00 and say the price we agreed was for 4 weekly, so you have now cancelled after one clean so the price for a one off clean is £25.00

Some times they pay some times they dont.

8. shazzy692002

I got sacked for standing on someones plant in the garden. Would not mind, but i stood on door step for 25 min chatting about life, then she sacked me.

9. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

when i used to collect, knocked at door and asked for money, she said i`ve already paid. I said i assure you that you`ve not, she said i have.
    so i left it at that, next time missed her and did next door. on the clean after that she came out begging me to do hers again, I said once you have paid what you owe me i`ll continue! (she paid up)
    I now give her a receipt each time.

10. Iain

Iain Guru

It happens to everyone. No one's safe from bad payers. I've had some absolutely immense ones lately!

Advertisement