best gloves for winter

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by petehughesy, Dec 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. petehughesy

petehughesy Active Member

as title says im looking for some good gloves for the winter, had some unger ones a few years back which were good, are there any other good ones? or what are the best ones?

Advertisement
  2. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Seal skinz are good....
    Just got myself a pair of steel spun ones so should last a while!
    But I paid 40 quid for em!

3. Shine Window Cleaning

Shine Window Cleaning Well-Known Member

+1 Seal Skinz- worth every penny. Got thru enough cheaper ones over the years and the difference is plain to see.

You pay for what u get, and cold we hands is no fun when the temp drops!

£40 seems pretty step tho- I'm sure I paid about £25 for mine and WCW had them on offer last time I looked.....shop around mate!

4. petehughesy

petehughesy Active Member

cool thank guys

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I got some sealskins brand new off fleabag for £22 delivered. I must be getting old as I never used to bother with gloves. I had some Unger neoprene's when I did read at minus temps. Brilliant they were. When you took your hand out the glove your hand would steam. Bloody smelly hands though :D

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Skytec ohio or idaho are Very good for trad , you can pull on 2 pairs if its really cold

7. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I don't know if they are the best - I suppose it depends on what you really want. But, here are the gloves that I have been using the last 6 weeks:

[​IMG]

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MaxiDry-3-4-Coated-56-425-Nitrile-Foam-Palm-Coated-Work-gloves-/160919517198?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&var=&hash=item25778cf80e

They are water proof for most of the glove - all the palm and fingers up to the knuckles.

They keep your hands dry most of the time. There isn't that much thermal properties, but the benefit is, that the gloves are pretty thin, and easy to use with a pole or trad gear.

They are material inside, so not cold to wear like nitrile or rubber gloves are. They are thinner and more flexible than Showa 660 gloves.

They are not as warm, or have as much waterproofing as sealskin gloves, but are thinner, and easier to handle yourequipment and tools.

I like them so far, though the temp hasn't gone below zero so far.

Not that expensive, so worth a try if you want dry and flexibility, but not so worried about thermal.

8. Newbie cleaner

Newbie cleaner Active Member

Im hoping to get some of those sealskin ones but not sure.

But they seem to be popular on here.

9. LukeStead

LukeStead Guest

I like Eskimo gloves the best for really cold weather, especially sub-zero.

10. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Advertisement