best hot wfp pole system

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Bluenosedaz7, Mar 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Bluenosedaz7

Bluenosedaz7 Newcomer

in the process of transferring over to wfp van mounted , £8k budget been looking at ionic any thoughts defo want hot water system

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

why are you set on hot water
    will it make better job

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi Bluenosedaz7 & welcome to the forum ;)

Yes I agree hot wfp does an outstanding job on first cleans etc as makes the job so much easier to do.

4. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

i use ionics systems i do like them but would'nt advise others to buy them as there maintenance costs are really high when compared to all the other systems, me personally if i was going to buy a brand new system with your budget id be looking at the grippa max systems or pure20 (ioncis value brand cheaper which is just as god quality but with cheaper filters to maintain)

5. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

I've stopped replacing the carbon and sediment filters on my pro6 system and only backwash the salt canister weekly. I've had the system over 5 years now and it's purifying better than it ever did.

I'm having to replace the resin canister about once a year. I run two in sequence so I run the water through the older one before the new one. The new one hasn't yet started to show any colour change two months in.

If you replace filters at ionics recommended times it can be expensive but it's costing me around £150/year to run mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

extreme clean are you in hard or soft water area? are you not running the carbon & sediment filters at all now then or using one that overdue a change? i did away with the colour changing di vessels a long time ago as they wasnt lasting long and costing a bomb to replace

7. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

I'm down in the south east and the water is pretty hard down here.

I've still got the carbon and sediment filters in place and run through them.

I use two colour change filters and run through the older one first then the newer one. I find that I can make a filter last 6-12 months and still have a TDS reading of less than 10!

The colour change resin still lasts suite a while after it's turned brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement