Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thoughts on ladders!

Stallion

ccece5e5f9b51e1b126dd446fba5639e.jpg

Been using this type ladders from day1

Gotta be honest 'solid ladder'

Bought it from globe ladders

Don't know the manufacturer

Never let me down but thee only problem now is getting a bit heavy

This weighs 17kg

15 rungs

Think it's 3.5m

Reason I use this saves me carrying more than1

Use it for gutters and so forth!

Any alternatives!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

These are my ladders,they weigh a ton,but are ridiculously safe,on most surfaces,and most angles. 

Id rather have heavy but safe to be honest. Especially if I'm up cleaning gutters. 

DSC_0048.JPG

I do stallion. It's a good workout! ? 

To be honest,they are much heavier than my old ladders which were bought second hand from ebay,but I didn't feel safe on them. 

If you don't feel safe, then it's just too nerve wracking.

I can swing about on these,and not worry

And I've got used to the extra weight. 

Plus they not going to get blown over in a light breeze. ? 

get a 7m triple, take off 1st section for windows and put it on for gutter cleans, mines an abru 6.92 from b&q, use it most days and weighs about 10kg as a triple. Always have top section with me, just in case

Monkey man12 you must be in good shape[emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Need to live up to my name[emoji23]

get a 7m triple, take off 1st section for windows and put it on for gutter cleans, mines an abru 6.92 from b&q, use it most days and weighs about 10kg as a triple. Always have top section with me, just in case
I agree with you.

I use lyte trade ladders with 3 sections and rarely ever use the 3rd section. So it take off alot of weight. 

Monkey man12 must be a mission though carrying them through alley ways and into customers back yards!

Clisty1989 I'm gonna have a look at them mate[emoji106]

Not too bad in general Stallion. If it's a real ball ache,I split them. If I can get away with just using top section in tight spaces then that's what I do. 

Have a set of telescopic too,for real **** access jobs. 

Going down wfp route shortly,but think I'll miss ladder work a bit.

I try to stay in shape. Do press ups,pull ups,dips etc and kettle bells to help with upper body strength  Oh and carrying heavy ladders about! ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys does anyone know where I can get telescopic ladders that are more the 5m? Ideally 7m 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the gear Stallion for it. Bought van with tank set up a while back,just wanted to build round up a bit before I took the plunge. Think I'll still trad the bottom windows though,as much as I can. 

I like it. And since adopting the moerman combinator and excelerator,tools,it's much more efficient.

Going to do pretty much the same,Convinced a mate to do me a trolley and trad bottoms too
Working towards a van mount!

Going to do pretty much the same,Convinced a mate to do me a trolley and trad bottoms too
Working towards a van mount!

I bought the big boy starter kit mate.

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/big-boy-backpack-starter-kit.html

great bit of kit. I am currently converting my trad customers over to WFP and still going to trad the bottoms as I enjoy the work.  Been doing the tops of 15 houses since January and needed the wfp system to do so, bought a collapsible trolley for the backpack as it's a heavy bugger when full. 

Like others have said get a triple and take a section off it for Windows put the section back in for the gutters.  Would recommend a safety system for the gutters though.

http://www.ladders-999.co.uk/ladder-stabilisers/ladder-stabilising-ladder-spurs.html

Skulblaker how you finding the pole with this kit mate?
Light enuf!
And what's experience with 1st cleans using WFP rather than doing them trad

Skulblaker how you finding the pole with this kit mate?
Light enuf!
And what's experience with 1st cleans using WFP rather than doing them trad

they're easy. Spray ubik/tfr/degreaser on brush, scrub, leave a couple mins, rinse, once drips stop re do glass

Skulblaker how you finding the pole whilst doing windows at the back of the house above extensions?
Ones which are set right back if that makes any sense!
Or are you getting ladders out?
Cuz I need to make up my mind in terms of pole!

Skulblaker how you finding the pole whilst doing windows at the back of the house above extensions?
Ones which are set right back if that makes any sense!
Or are you getting ladders out?
Cuz I need to make up my mind in terms of pole!

The pole is fine mate, not that heavy, I got the extensions for it too but haven't used them as yet. Pole by itself reaches easily above connys to get any windows there.

Latest Posts

Back