Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out on your own

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mat

Hi all,Not sure if this is the right section please move if not ive been with my currant employer for around 15 years although I earn ok money I feel I can earn alot more doing it for myself....currently I work for quite a big well known company but I'm not injoying the job as I was b4 due to changes within the company(that's another story lol) what would be the best way for me to start this business up do weekends when I'm free? I do a lot of work most Saturday's or do I get all the kit I need and leave my currant job and find work? Buy a business? I've had a few clients say they would come with me if I did go it alone which would be a start...Any help advice would be appreciated

I would think start in another area as it will be stressful taking customers of your employer

Also it's not really fair play is it

I'm not taking customers if there telling me that they want me to continue to do them.....if I was saying come with me I'll give a better price etc then yeah but I'm not doing that....I said I'm looking to start on my own and some have said they would get me to do them not really my fault is it?? Plus some of the jobs the company I work for have only have them because I do them not due to the company itself.....on a side note why should I go to a different area??

Not really I answered to ure comment...the jobs that have offered to come with me are not massive jobs lol not something u can quit a full time job for....but thanks for ure input

Not really I answered to ure comment...the jobs that have offered to come with me are not massive jobs lol not something u can quit a full time job for....but thanks for ure input
No worries keep us informed

All the best

Options

1. buy a round

2. Work on weekends until have enough work

3. Find a part time job, build the work, then go full time.

Buying a rounds easiest, but finding a good one or the money is much harder so go with option 2 or 3.

Id go with 3, option 2 is too much hard work, feck working 7 days a week

Or option 4 (my way) drop all you got and go all in from the start. Then you leaflet your ass off till you have all the customers you need :thumbsup:

Oh yeh option 4 forgot about that one - make it work or sleep in a carboard box.

I started with option 2, progressed with option 3, ****** around for a while considering option 1 then eventually did option 4

after a days leafletting i wish i stayed at 3 lol

Back