Best pole to get for starting off not too expensive .

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by chunk0002, Feb 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chunk0002

chunk0002 Member

Hi been doing trad for a while and I am merging over to wfp so was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good pole to start off with as I have been given one but seems rather heavy . Not looking to spend loads , unless someone has a good second hand one for sale ?
    Also any tips and hints for someone starting out with wfp would be great.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. simon

simon Guru

A gardiners clx 27 very good value n very robust mine was 4yr old before I needed a new section

4. chunk0002

chunk0002 Member

I think something that could do 3 storey . Tried looking on here for a second hand one but can't find any that haven't sold .

5. simon

simon Guru

hard to come by, trouble with gardiners stuff is it sells on ebay for almost as much as it costs new just less the tax,
    if you get a 27 & don't need the height often you just buy an end cap & take a section off untill needed
    a 27 does 3 story ok but you can get extensions if needed

6. chunk0002

chunk0002 Member

Yeah I have noticed that on eBay. I was watching a 22 the other day and it only just started and it was on £73 with postage ! I could get away with using a 22 I think

7. simon

simon Guru

get the best you can afford, if its new its guaranteed & a new brush & the fittings you want, are you gonna be using a backpack & whats your tap water tds

8. chunk0002

chunk0002 Member

My friend does wfp so he's giving me the water so that isn't a problem and I have a trolley system with 25l tubs . I just wanted to try and get a light weight pole that's not too expensive to see how I get on .

9. Dave85

Dave85 Member

I have just started with wfp and using a gardeners 22 pole. Dose the job for me mate

10. aceman

aceman Member

Get yourself an 18 and a 27 bud. You will find an 18 will cover 90% of your work on 2 storey domestic and the 27 will do 3 storey, over connies etc.

Cheers, Mike

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement