Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Length

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mike48

I am just starting out and seriously considering buying a trolley system. It comes as a complete package with a 17 foot pole.

Do you think this pole will be ok or should I go for something longer. If so what length of pole would you suggest.

Cheers

i did the same thing eactly. i bought a 35l trolley with an 18ft pole.

i then bought a small round, and found out that i needed a 25ft pole for town houses.

get yourself a 25ft, you will need it for over proches or conservatories anyway.

i also only used the trolley a couple of times before ditching it for a van mount system.

Get the longest you can afford. I use a 30ft all the time and its still not long enough. If you can afford it I'd say get a 40ft and use the 17ft for every day work.

For me I've found that a 17-18 is to short on domestic 2 storey properties I do with extentions & conservatories. So I now just use one pole a 35 with last two sections removed which I carry in the van so can put back on if needed for taller 3 storey work. That way saves me carrying 3 poles about in the van.

To my amazement my slx-22 has been reaching 3rd floors and over extensions. Well happy. Only problem is the last 2 sections don't move up and down as freely now. What's that stuff called that you spray on the sections?

Your either got very long arms or stand really close to the wall to do 3 storey work with a 22 pole /emoticons/biggrin.png

To my amazement my slx-22 has been reaching 3rd floors and over extensions. Well happy. Only problem is the last 2 sections don't move up and down as freely now. What's that stuff called that you spray on the sections?

Back