Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Going it Alone.... Buying a van & purification system help!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WW2015

Hi all,

I've been agonising over this for months and thought I'd ask for advice on which Van and water system to buy as my situation is a little unusual...

I currently clean the windows for a cleaning company that works on building sites, I use their 2003 Peugeot Partner with a Streamline RO system, 350L tank. Pretty handy as I can fill the tank as I work.

I've been building private rounds and weekends and think now is the time to go it alone.

My issue is that the only place I can park my van is underground, anything larger than the Peugeot Partner wouldn't fit through the front gates! Due to this I'm also unable to let large amounts of waste water out of the van (i'd **** off other residents).

Ideally I'd like a van that could carry 400L + and a system that could top the tank to full at the end of each day. I've never used a DI system/resin before.

The PPM from tap in my area is insanely high, though I can't remember the exact figure.

What Van/Mounted System do you think would be best for me??

Many Thanks,

Alex

You could also check with the local water board/council and see how much it would cost to have a stand pipe. You could fill your van reasonably quickly with a 4040.

find your nearest water tap under ground in car park and run ur waste to the nearest drain the carpark must have some sort of drain

if ur water ppm is high u shud use a softner then sediment filter then carbon then ro then into tank then after its di

get an extact read on ur water mate

Difficult one, and I can really sympathise. I've just bought a Nissan NV200 for my 400l and couldn't get in an underground car park today! It will fit without the ladder thread ties thou! Would also say check the buying water option locally and increase your prices accordingly. Customers will understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difficult one, and I can really sympathise. I've just bought a Nissan NV200 for my 400l and couldn't get in an underground car park today! It will fit without the ladder thread ties thou! Would also say check the buying water option locally and increase your prices accordingly. Customers will understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had that problem on a new build estate. I would have to either take the ladders off to get through an arch or just block the drive and park in front of the arch. I decided on the latter /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi guys,

I'm based in guildford. The nearest place to buy purified water is about 10 miles from me so it could be doable though id be much happier making my own!

Back