Best Result Ever But Could Be My Worst!

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Gushysfella, Aug 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

Just got in from knocking on the doors in a private estate of 16 massive houses. First one said yes to a quote of 32 pounds, all large windows and 3 door patio door, thought was a little over priced but grate. On to the next same again 32 pounds! Turns out all house the same all said yes all 32 pounds each!! That's £512 every 5 weeks but here's my problem, I'm going to have to give my full time job in at this rate to fit them in with what I all ready got!!! How do I tell her in doors?

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

this time next year we will be millionares

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I don't know how you think this could be your worst! Well done!!

4. chris

chris Member

would you be able to do the cleans on your days off, till you built up a big enough round?

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

6. harunh

harunh Legend

wow thats good

7. chip

chip Guru

Get a lad to help you part time

8. chip

chip Guru

Better still, give them to me!

9. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

Lol thanks for the comments lads. It's a numbers game I planned to just start a small round I could do on my day off in the week, after work a few evenings in week and every other weekend over a 6 week rota. So on paper my books full. In 6 weeks I make 1500 pounds as a second job taxed heavily. So problem I got is, carry on the way things are going and go full time on the ladder self employed and build a round that pays me the same a week I'm on at work or just carry on part time? I can see a good living coming but just worried about taking the plunge! I'd be better off tax wise (yes I declare my windy job as a second income!!) but never been self employed before, what's your take lads is it really greener on the other side? GF

10. Iain

Iain Guru

Take someone on part time? You won't make as much money but you'll be doing less. Definitely a numbers game!

Advertisement