Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thermoshine Frost Pro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thats one of my gizmo's - - that's an old video & I've changed the design a lot since then though!

The old controller was digital, and the guy who built it & programmed it was in India - The distance & language barrier finally got the better of the project (I tried my best for near 2 years!),.. I couldn't get him to produce the system exactly as I needed it (it was VERY slow to respond when you pressed the buttons) and to the quality that I needed.

So I simplified - switched to analogue components & modules I could source myself & put together myself (it really isn't very complicated) and ended up with this: http://www.indiegogo.com/flowtek2012?c=activity

The problem with this approach is that its very time consuming to put them together, and when you're doing it all by hand, quality control is a concern. I had planned to use the profits from the indiegogo campaign to get PCB's designed & built on an automated assembly line which would remove a lot of the assembly work/time & reduce concerns about inconsistent quality of handmade units - - unfortunately there was a lot less interest than I expected,.. so I've had to stop & re-think my approach. I've still got a load of unassembled components & I'm not sure what to do with them!

Thats one of my gizmo's - - that's an old video & I've changed the design a lot since then though!

The old controller was digital, and the guy who built it & programmed it was in India - The distance & language barrier finally got the better of the project (I tried my best for near 2 years!),.. I couldn't get him to produce the system exactly as I needed it (it was VERY slow to respond when you pressed the buttons) and to the quality that I needed.

So I simplified - switched to analogue components & modules I could source myself & put together myself (it really isn't very complicated) and ended up with this: http://www.indiegogo...2012?c=activity

The problem with this approach is that its very time consuming to put them together, and when you're doing it all by hand, quality control is a concern. I had planned to use the profits from the indiegogo campaign to get PCB's designed & built on an automated assembly line which would remove a lot of the assembly work/time & reduce concerns about inconsistent quality of handmade units - - unfortunately there was a lot less interest than I expected,.. so I've had to stop & re-think my approach. I've still got a load of unassembled components & I'm not sure what to do with them!
sell me one i would love one for the winter bud

If there's enough demand I'd consider going back into production, building just one unit is very time consuming though and I'm really under pressure for time at the moment,.. sorry!

I had big plans for this - its so easy to add remote control to the unit too - but its something that really requires a lot of investment or a lot of time to get going and at the moment I can't give either. I'd love to see the project go further, but it might take someone else taking over to really get it off the ground.

Back