Best standoff and stabiliser

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by ash brown, Nov 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ash brown

ash brown Active Member

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That is the same thing I use just with a different name now.

3. TolishAPurd

Ebays your best bet for the stuff you're after. I got both of mine for about £100 delivered. Thelink you're showing is just a newer microlight with posher wheels. :thumbsup:

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

saw a homemade standoff couple of yrs ago, i bleve itd be ideal for this trade . wish id looked closer but i was on holiday and missus dragged me away! it was made of wood , plywood and this is how i remember it Photo-0022.jpg Photo-0023.jpg

5. ash brown

ash brown Active Member

Hi smurf
    It looks the same as the lyte microlite is it though they call it the ultimate and its about 50 notes cheaper than the microlite seems to be. Lopks the same to me though.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's made by the same company that makes the microlite standoff but have just called it a different name.

7. ash brown

ash brown Active Member

Thanks Smurf TolishAPurd boarcity I've ordered the ultimate dtand off and ankalad got the pair delivered for less than £200. Think I'll need them as I've just mentioned on facebook that im now doing gutter clearing and cleaning and have several quotesvto give. Just need to get pricing right now! Im thinking £3 a metre for clearing and cleaning.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice one :thumbsup:

Charge what you feel the jobs is worth to start with as may take a while to get the pricing right as some jobs can take a lot longer than others to do but this will come with experience.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Also don't be affraid to turn work away if you feel that it is to difficult to do by ladders as is better to be safe than sorry as they say.

Thats when you may find the need to use a guttercam, guttervac and wfp method instead of trying to use ladders for some jobs you may get asked to quote for.

10. ash brown

ash brown Active Member

Smurf Im using wpf to clean the gutters, but clearing using ladders and harris pole and pro gutter tools etc.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge I do take it in and you and othets on here have helped me progress faster and hopefully not learn the hard way.

Advertisement