Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best stuff for cleaning facias with a WFP?

From here looks like they both did a reasonable job. Did you find one better than the other, especially considering the price difference?
Both did the same pretty much not much to tell and with £1 Vs £15 I'll go for the pink stuff, the camera lighting wasn't the best as it was cloudy behind and still needed to do a wipe down on the soffits.

Might put the pink stuff in another bottle, charging £50 for fascia using a £1 cleaner don't look great ? 

Might put the pink stuff in another bottle, charging £50 for fascia using a £1 cleaner don't look great
It's the finished job that needs to look great, how you got it there is your business no one else's. I regularly give, lend, customers microfibre cloths to clean their internal windows. Only cost a couple of quid yet regularly get asked how do we get the internals so clean.

Pink stuff in a tub is excellent and easy to apply to a brush, push the tub on the bristles and twist the tub.

Magic sponge is excellent, I have used strong elastic bands to attach to a Gardiners quick loq adapter. Don’t make it fit neatly. The bits that hang over are ideal for those small gaps in window frames where black staining happens.

I will be trying no nonsense degreaser, virosol, ubik and Dave kemp tfr soon. Just need the time and the right job to test on. 

Hypo is probably the best on very bad gutters, but it needs using with extreme care.

People have mentioned about freebies for customers. Get some cheap 99p sprayers from wilko, pound shop etc, fill it full of pure and give to the custy. (They can buy their own cloths) great for inside windows, mirrors and glass tables. Every time I visit I just refil for free. No having to clean internal windows. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I using cold this week as my heater refuses to start up. Will get it fixed soon but wanting to notice any difference. Did 10 houses this morning and my water was very cold which makes it alot harder to clean with. I have been spoiled with hot water and I don't want to change to cold if I can help it.
Hi scotish Do you use hot on Maintenance cleans also?

Hi scotish Do you use hot on Maintenance cleans also?
I use hot on everything unless it stops working. If I come across bird mess then I will soak it with the wfp and go and clean another window and then come back to it. I did a test on 3 types of degreaser and the only thing that made the difference was the temperature of the water I mixed it with. When I used boiling water the dirt ran off the pvc. The hotter the water the bigger the reaction we get in cleaning. I only have 100 customers so not much cost in diesel but I understand when you have 500 customers. I have just put my prices up a £1 on the ones I felt were too cheap. I'm that busy, if I lose any I'm beyond caring, just too busy to arm-wrestle from now on.  

Back