Best temperature of cleaning solution for the trad window cleaning

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by DannyB, Aug 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. DannyB

DannyB Active Member

Hi everyone,

Neither on this website nor anywhere else on the Internet have I found too much info about how warm the cleaning solution for the trad window cleaning should optimally be. From the common sense point of view, a beginner like myself would think that the solution should be quite warm because warm water has certainly more power than cold water to help displace particles of resistant dirt during the application of mop on the glass pane.

But on the other hand, few months ago someone also expressed concerns about the impact of hot summer weather on the soft rubber blades on squeegees. So now I am not quite sure whether the hot cleaning solution couldn't compromise the rubber blade performance at least so much as the hot weather would do, and I am very unsure about the cleaning solution's best temperature.

Any expert advice on this issue will be most appreciated.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Danny I really thinking your over complicating things a tad here,but hey maybe I'm wrong
    I just add soap detergent which I guess is room temp to cold or hot water not fussed really
    It's not science although I prefer hot in winter but soon cold anyways

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. TolishAPurd

Hot in winter, cold in summer- simple. The scrubber and the soap do the work, the temp has very little bearing on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

That reminds me, I haven't watched 'The Waterboy' for a while, perhaps tomorrow nights movie?

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i like to use warm water as i think the rubber works beta on the glass an its nce on the hands but cold is fine i dont think it realy matters eather way its all about ur preffrence realy

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i vaguely thought of getting one of those 12 volt water heaters designed to make a cup of tea -to lay in my bucket to warm the water in winter] but thought it was going to be faffing about. a better idea might be an underfloor terrarium heat mat, cos heat rises and this could sit below a rubber mat bucket on top and be wired in

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

just pixxxxss in it that will keep it warm:cool:

8. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

I just use cold, i used to use warm all the time until i realized it wasnt really making any difference imo.

It might be true that hot or warm water cleans better but on a routeen monthly clean U are really just getting glass wet and then dry

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Forget heaters and pi$$ing in your bucket.

Get a large picnic cool box half fill it with hot water and fairy and it will still be plenty warm several hours later.

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Exactly 22.73 degrees C,

Honestly mate, your massively over thinking things, I just squirt a load of fairy in and run the hot tap, or if no hot, then cold - it really doesn't matter...

Advertisement