Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof Cleaning Job Yesterday

used my Honda 13hp Gx390 ,cat pump and used a turbo nozzle,the tile is a Dekkra so can handle a good blast, blocked the downpipes on the gutters and washed the hoose down afterwards, full days work , invoiced it for £350

Arrived at job at 8:30 just starting too get light up here then and was all packed away and finished for 4 in the afternoon ,only had a wee 20 minute break as wanted too finish job as im fully booked with wheelie bin cleans for next fortnight, normally in summer id strech the job oot a wee bit and charge more .

ye , roofs are hard work but good money, turbo nozzle all the way , dirty job but very lucrative , driveways and aw that are easy but only so much you can charge , roofs now thats a different story lol no pun intended, usually in the summer id charge £500 for same job

Was a very messy job I would have thought,... did you tarp the floor aswell to help reduce the cleanup time?

ye ' date=' roofs are hard work but good money, turbo nozzle all the way , dirty job but very lucrative , driveways and aw that are easy but only so much you can charge , roofs now thats a different story lol no pun intended, usually in the summer id charge £500 for same job[/quote']Worst thing is there are a lot of types of tiles that you can't used a normal high pressure jet wash on due to the surface, so got to use a soft wash on it, that would take a lot longer to do.

Worst thing is there are a lot of types of tiles that you can't used a normal high pressure jet wash on due to the surface' date=' so got to use a soft wash on it, that would take a lot longer to do.[/quote']For old Marley glazed tiles spray the roof first with hypochloric acid, leave for a day to do its magic then powerwash off, its only tile /slate i dont turbo , i usuall use about 2400psi on Marleys and always offer too seal the tile afterwards or offer to paint em

I'm aware of a masonary cleaning company near me that uses a doff system (variable pressure super heated steam upto 150c) like this so it doesn't damage the subsrate also the temp of the steam kills moss & spores too.

donny, when you say you would use around 2400 psi on certain slate roofs,, would you do this by turning the pressure down on your honda washer to get a lower pressure, or are you just using a different psi pressure washer, when you say you wouldnt use a turbo nozzle do you just use another nozzle connected to your lance... i hope you know what i mean.

View attachment 1251

yep my interpump has a psi gauge fitted, just turn down the revs till desired psi is reached, all my lances have quick release ends so i just swap turbo off and slip on a 15 or 25 degree fan jet if the tiles are a bit worn out and then spray 2 coats of sealer on afterwards or paintin some instances

View attachment 837

Where do all you guys cover. I got a web page on the all around site advertising it. We do get enquiries, but I sub them out. I only look to make £50ish. Interested?

Back