Best Waterproof Gloves?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Shine Window Cleaning, Oct 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shine Window Cleaning

Shine Window Cleaning Well-Known Member

Now that the cold is upon us, I'm going to have to dig deep for a pair of waterproof gloves. I used to use some Unger gloves(which were good, except easily ripped due to being made from Neoprene- I think?). I'm also looking at some Joka Hold gloves on EBay which look quite good. Any recommendations for quality gloves that are cost effective?

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Go to the local shop and get those yellow latex gloves, before you put them on put a paire of magic gloves on.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

These are not the best, but I used these last winter and worked ok.
    Not 100% waterproof but kept my hands warm. Used about 3 pairs in a day on wet days

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Workwear/Gloves/Thermogrip+Gloves+Large/d70/sd570/p79974

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

There warm though. If you look in shops for them you can get a good piaire. Some of them have not been made properly and have rubber all done the fingers.

5. Shine Window Cleaning

Shine Window Cleaning Well-Known Member

thats great thanks guys- where do I get
    these mythical Magic Gloves from then?

6. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I was in Jewsons in Fakenham today and they had those gloves on special offer for 99p...

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Well broke my duck with the real cold this morning, it was freeezin. Started off with a pair of latex gloves underneath the Unger hi-flo ones and was doing trad, boy they are no good for trad my fingers were killing me and in bad winter won't be much good for wfp if ya get em soaked so I'll keep using em for biking instead.

I was only round corner from home so popped back and nicked my lads magic gloves, I put those on with a pair of latex over top and then a pair of heavy duty black rubber gloves over that. Sorted, hands were dry and didn't feel cold again but was still able to trad ok with all those on.

8. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

iv always found gloves to be more hassle then there worth for trad, yes they keep your hands dry, but not your cloths, makes detailing a nightmare!

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

+1

10. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Advertisement