best way of gaining new business

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by colinvansmith, Feb 23, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. hi guys, just trying to find out how you all gain new business at the moment i just put leaflets out with an offer usually if they hire us the first one is free etc.

Also how do you guys price up residential/commercial jobs?

Colin

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Do you find many just taking up the first free clean then not bothering again? I was thinking about doing an offer like that.

I generally price at £1 a window 2 bigger ones and patio doors. Then roughly price it up and see if it works out with the time it will take then a may adjust a little.

3. I have found offering the first clean free that no one has cancelled after the first clean although when I'm busy it can be a pain in the ass doing a job for free but it seams to work.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

I never offer first clean free if it is a free clean I will offer them it after the 3-4 clean you could be busy doing work for nothing
    £1 a window £2 patio and £3 a bay window conservatory on request

5. do you still charge £1 per window for small windows like a hallway or bathroom window?

I don't see the point in offering a free clean after 3-4 cleeans as i do it as a way to get there business seems kinda pointless offering them a freee clean when they are already a customer

colin

6. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Never do free cleans. Leaflet drops only get you about 2% back if that.
    Best way is to do door to door canvassing, dress smart, between 5:00pm - 7:30pm (no later as you mess mummies off with new babies and little kids bed times) and quote £1 p/window, 50p tiny ones, £2 french doors.

If they say they'll think about it explain why the pure water system is better than traditional:
    1/Rinses all frame work in knooks and crannies
    2/Your not damaging walls and render with ladders
    3/And I find many people like the fact your not going to be peering into their bedroom windows (Saves them tidying!!)

7. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Another way we drum up business is we put this info on an A6 Logo headed flyer and give it to our existing house customers. (They love it)
    Its cheaper than buying new work.

See attachment

Attached Files:

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Thats quite a nice idea do you get many referrals from this?

9. marcus

marcus Guest

IMO The best way to attract new clients would be to have a website that scored at least on the first page of search engine results for key searches critical to your business.

A website would allows customers to target you rather than you targeting them with leaflets.. Because the internet is a 24 hour a day advertising platform it simply can’t be beaten in terms of its reach for new clients.

You maybe interested in my other post for free website design that includes search engine optimisation to get you noticed

10. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Yes the flyer works well.

I dont totally agree with what marcus says about the net. With canvasing yourself and using my promotion idea you get to select the areas you want work.

If you rely on the web you can get a customer in one area and another one miles away from your area. Im not saying theres no place for a website as I think a website is a good idea but not necessarily the best way to drum up work :shy:

Advertisement