Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello - new member alert!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daveyboy put me onto the Harris pole, even though I don't use it for a squeegee I have used on soffits to mop and wipe also use with a small mop under the finials on Connie roofs when there as beien a stubborn stain so defo worth converting a Harris pole.
Did you put the adjustable crank on it Den?

Inserted a bit of overflowpipe between the Harris pole and unger adapter to take up the slack also drilled a new hole lower down and inserted rivet in as he he felt this was more secure and stronger.

View attachment 8993

Welcome Dean to the site & good Luck with the windows.

You'll have a few teething problems but it'll all get ironed out in the end & end result - If you put in the effort, will be a successful self owned business.

Onward & upward as they say :thumbsup:

The Harris pole also makes a good budget wfp.

I started using the Harris and it reaches most things. you can get pipe and to fittings from b n q and a cheap brush head from wilkos etc. ghetto but useable.

What I did was to buy two and take a section of the second one to use as an extension to the first one. you will need to run the hose outside to do this.

Just spent 2 hours canvassing within 2 minutes of my house....7 new customers and plenty of other interest from some I've placed cards with!! /emoticons/smile.png

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

four pages in and no ones shouted "get off my patch!" we're such a friendly bunch on here, good luck dean and welcome.

Regardless of all the posts and vids (which at the begining are very helpfull) you gotta find your own thing with technique etc. When i was trad i just put my tunes on and flew around to were i knew anyone watching could tell im enjoying myself showing off up a ladder and it comes pretty quick. Those were the days. But now all pole and much easier if your thinking ahead but do miss the show and cant be arsed.. yep although pole more efficient and superior its all about the money now [emoji55]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Right gents can I ask a quick basic question?! How do I clean a window over a porch? Can't get the angle with a ladder!! Any tips, tricks or ideas are very much appreciated! I'm deliberately not knocking doors with porches at the moment haha!!

Thanks again all! /emoticons/smile.png

Right gents can I ask a quick basic question?! How do I clean a window over a porch? Can't get the angle with a ladder!! Any tips, tricks or ideas are very much appreciated! I'm deliberately not knocking doors with porches at the moment haha!!

Thanks again all! /emoticons/smile.png

Back