best way to promote

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by startingupinbelfast, Jan 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. wats the best way to promote ur new business
    whats the best indusrty to target
    from ur own research whats the best way to attract a customer/employers

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

There are hundreds of ways to promote your own business & it really depends on wether you are targeting domestic, commercial, residential sectors etc?
    Are you starting your own window cleaning business or something else?

James.

3. window cleaning business
    i just puchased a van and decided y not
    i have customers built up over the weeks now
    im aiming to hit all 3 sectors and would like to hear general feedback

4. James

James Guru

Advertising methods.

Leaflets, Business cards, banner adds, website, google ads, google, Yellow Pages, Yellow Pages +, Canvassing, Canvassing Team, Word of mouth and much more I guess.

If you want commercial clients you will have to approach them and speak to the big boys. I personally think commercial is abit of a waste of time where I'm based, for example, I cvan do a farm house monthly and earn much more from that than I would from say cleaning WHSmith front windows fort***htly, but each to their own. Everyone has different oppinions in business!

James.

5. laddergarder

Your best bet in my opinion would be to get some business cards done, vista print are not too bad for prices, and start door knocking. Just put a card through the ones that are not in.This should be done in the evenings were possible. We generally reserve this to the summer, when the light ***hts come in. But if you are just starting out, I would just get straight out there.

6. i just want enough work to keep me outta the house
    i do love the kids and all
    wats the best way to attract the big boys tho ????

7. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

like james said get as many adds out there as you can I put a yell.com add out paid for it 130 quid for the year, not the free one and it put me to the top of the search results the next day i got a phonecall for a private hospital.

8. James

James Guru

Yup like jambo said, yell.com 130 quid for the year. I've lost count of how many customers I've gained from it. You can also pay extra to be right at the very top.

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

This post has given me an idea! https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/thread-848.html

10. chip

chip Guru

if it's commercial you want and don't fancy the legwork, contact catherine on here, she does that kind of thing, i think, there's an add at the top, don't know the terms, you'l have to haggle that one:)

Advertisement