Best way to setup a wfp van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by adamangler, Jan 25, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

So ive just got myself a new van (new compared to my old piece of poo)

A 2007 fiat scudo

Im not going to put it on the road for a week or so as i want to service it and touch up a few bits/polish it etc and sort in out inside

also want to set it up nicely in the back

So...

Hose reel - anyone use van ports? any good? atm i work with reel permanently in the van and back door open
    best way? should i mount reel at side door?

Bulkhead - Im not sure whether i should put a ply bulkhead in? will keep cab a bit warmer, maybe more secure? but maybe will be handy to have the length inside..

Ply lining/carpet/protektokote/rubber? - what should i use for the van floor and why?
    i have some plywood and can get more cheap locally, will be building a rack/shelving as i do car valeting...

at this point im thinking protektokote for the floor, ply bulkhead and some racking

Any setup tips that will improve my speed through the day?

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I would personally go side door for reel as the flow would be smoother winding in and out. Protectakote, lighter than ply and more waterproof and yes I use van ports for filling up.

As for bulkhead, the length could be handy so how about a black curtain that at a quick glance from a passerby would still come across as bulkhead but make it easy to move should you want to put longer poles in the van.

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Personally I would look for a used FACTORY fitted steel bulkhead. You can used sites like
    www.partsfinder.co.uk

Tell them what you want and the ones who have stock will come back to you. IMHO a ply bulkhead or an after market accessory tin plate one don't offer any protection.

Here is an example of the quality difference although this is from an earlier vehicle.

Genuine factory unit.
    Ciroen Dispatch, Peugeot Expert, Fiat Scudo Steel bulkhead

After market
    Peugeot Expert Pre Jan 07 on Punched Metal Bulkhead VG98P

Always used van ports and taken hose reel in and out of the back. Hose reels on wheels.

Protectorkote floor as it is non slip and put rubber matting down where the hose reel is taken in and out to prevent premature damage. No ply flooring but leave ply sides.

4. adamangler

what about the hinged numberplate idea? hole behind number plate for hose

hmmm

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Yeah i just cant find the link to the hinged plates no more. :(

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

My set up is in 'a thought for the newbies' if you use the search option. Don't know if it will help

7. adamangler

20160203_151102.jpg

Just painted it with bitumen will see what it dries like. Not sure whether to ply over it or just do sides. Hmmm

8. adamangler

Done a bit more. Decided to d.I. y it on cheap might get it done proper one day 20160205_142723.jpg

9. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

What did it dry like ?

10. adamangler

Dried fine. Better to Coverify it with sumert tho looks like it would scratch off

Advertisement