Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best work trousers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't why people are getting so hung up on work trousers,  for those that make assumptions based on past experience those work/builders trousers aren't heavyweight, things have moved on, I wear Dewalt Barstow ones and they are as light weight as other trousers and fit properly not like a bag of ? they also go with my choice of uniform,

How people can say that a pair of trousers isn't great for fast movement, it's your arms that go like the clappers in this job not your legs, 
I'm still wearing shorts 

Haha! Perhaps you should try walking on your feet instead of on your knees. ?
I get good service out of all my clothing and I seriously doubt you're more of a worker than the rest of us. I didn't claw my way out of the amniotic sac yesterday. I've heard plenty of people over the years who claim they are tougher on equipment than everybody else because they're tougher and harder working. Very few measured up to their own appraisal in reality. ?
Yep! don't worry about customer perception. It's not important.
"Horse to water" as the saying goes. ?
And there's me thinking the makers of hiking clothing, where your rambling through brambles in wet windy conditions, where you climb over rocks or fallen trees... Would make their clothing tougher than off brand trackies... Live and learn... Live and learn ?????

Thank you. I had been thinking the same but I couldn't be a...d to expand on my reasoning any more. The will to live was starting to evaporate. ?

Each to their own. We can only try to give honest advice with good intent. How it's received is down to the individual, of course. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a bit of an old post but thanks for the heads up. After lots of searching I have just ordered some of them. Signed up to newsletter and get 20% off, bringing them down to about £45. As it was free p&p for over £50 I added a base layer top and trousers for a total of £65. 

Hopefully I will be dry and toasty this winter. Cheers. 
The Trespass Holloway Men's DLX Walking Trousers and Unisex Super Soft Thermal Set Mystery arrived this afternoon! Only ordered on 6pm on Thursday with free 3-5 day delivery, so nice and quick delivery. I had seen the walking trousers in the Trespass shop but they only had black and I wanted Navy. Just tried them on and all fits great and looks good too, I ordered the size as per the dimensions, so I would say they are true to size. The trousers just feel like normal trousers not heavy at all, they look a bit nylon as they are a soft shell type material, they are not insulated but have a fluffy liner/backing on the material. I am pleased with them and will report back when have worn them in the rain.

Cheers

The Trespass Holloway Men's DLX Walking Trousers and Unisex Super Soft Thermal Set Mystery arrived this afternoon! Only ordered on 6pm on Thursday with free 3-5 day delivery, so nice and quick delivery. I had seen the walking trousers in the Trespass shop but they only had black and I wanted Navy. Just tried them on and all fits great and looks good too, I ordered the size as per the dimensions, so I would say they are true to size. The trousers just feel like normal trousers not heavy at all, they look a bit nylon as they are a soft shell type material, they are not insulated but have a fluffy liner/backing on the material. I am pleased with them and will report back when have worn them in the rain.

Cheers
So yesterday there was a forecast of a little light rain at 12pm so I thought I would give the trousers a try. Fit and comfort is good, pity the only have 2 front pockets but that's not too bad.

Anyway as normal the forecast was wrong!!! At about 12:30 it did start to rain a little, then the heavens opened and it was bouncing off the pavements, had my hat on, snood, gloves, and jacket. I stayed nice and dry no leaks I noticed, OK so it only belted down for about 20 mins then light rain for 60 mins so not an all day test but all worked well so far. 

The trousers are not too hot at the moment when temps are 10 - 12 Deg C which is good they will probably need an extra layer when it does get cold but so far I am pleased with them.

He was doing a trick and cut his fingers off with his table saw, what a trick!!! ?
Anyone remember Kenny Everett doing DIY demonstrations on the telly?

My great pal Carl was with me recently and I asked him if he remembered. He didn't remember those sketches so I played him a clip from YouTube. His face was a picture of cringing. He's a bespoke carpenter by trade and uses power tools and saws every day.

Haha! That's the kind of friend I am. ?

Back