Better Equipment = More Job Enjoyment

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by bluemonkey, Jun 21, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

does buying better equipment make this job more enjoyable, as am considering buy a other new pole, prob carbon or above, but am wondering will it actually make me enjoy the job more, as am sick and tired of feeling knackered and shoulders aching

the one thing that puts me off light poles is having a light brush, as I don't feel they clean as well, but are the heavy brushes knackering my back and shoulders rather than the pole

Advertisement
  2. HotWash Window Cleaners

Hold a heavy weight at arms length for as long as you can will work those shoulders. The further away from you the brush exerts more force on your body as the pole acts like a lever.

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

It may not be more enjoyable buy wil make things a lot easyer for you

4. David@Aqua

David@Aqua Member

Hi
    you might enjoy the job with an applicator and squeegee :Image13:

5. Masons

Masons Guru

Light brushes.... I hardly have to press to scrub if you the the right brush.

I would say yes though, better equipment makes you enjoy the work more.

I used to hate triple story jobs because of the fact I used a Brodex... now I use a Gardiners it's easier money and I enjoy it.

6. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=medium]Maybe you’re just overdoing it, doing to much work bluemonkey.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A lighter brush with less cleaning bristles will make you more tired, if you have to spend longer cleaning when using it, common sense really. Same thing with the poles, more rigid pole is much better than a pole that flexes more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If it helps I have a semi-retired customer works 2 days per week, doesn’t do big jobs or small jobs and only uses 25ft poles – He turns about £35k per year, and spends his money on leisure activities.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Richard [/SIZE]

Advertisement