Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Big boy 2 back pack 100m hose

Mooghy

Hello, I set up at the beginning of this month started with back pack and a pole, I'm getting a fair bit of work that I'm happy about, but I'm getting fustrated lugging the back pack about on a trolly, would leaving the back pack in the van and connecting a 100m hose have a adverse effect on the motor? Also considering getting a baffled tank motor and controller, but as I'm starting out don't have a huge budget, iv found these bits for £500 on various Website is there a cheaper way?

Pjj

Premium Member
Backpacks aren't designed to push water through 100 meters of hose 30 meters might be ok but it will shorten the life of the pump and battery , as soon as you are able to get a decent trolly or van mount this will make a huge difference to your working day .

wgwindows

@Mooghyi do a mix of wfp and traditional so I’m ok with a backpack, but they are a pain lugging them about if you have to do it often. I think I read backpacks are ok up to about 20 metres of hose, but after that they’d struggle a bit.

Apw1210

Hello, I set up at the beginning of this month started with back pack and a pole, I'm getting a fair bit of work that I'm happy about, but I'm getting fustrated lugging the back pack about on a trolly, would leaving the back pack in the van and connecting a 100m hose have a adverse effect on the motor? Also considering getting a baffled tank motor and controller, but as I'm starting out don't have a huge budget, iv found these bits for £500 on various Website is there a cheaper way?
100mm of hose is pushing it beyond it limits

You have to consider that it's only a small bore diaphragm pump intended for an easy life. 20m is it's ideal length.

Build or buy a pump board with a flojet shurflo or other larger pump and run a pick up tube into barrels in the van wouldn't suit you better.

Lugging a trolley around is your only option and others more established than you do it daily

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock