Biggest Commercial So Far

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Belfastcleaning, Aug 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Thanks to my website I have just picked up my biggest commercial job. I was asked to quote it up 2 weeks ago, it's a large library, 20 small windows, 13 big big windows.. So as I was emailing the quote I had £60 then backspaces that out and changed it to £80!

Got a call yesterday asking if I could email my insurance details, which the requirement was £5mill and I only had 2mill.. So had to go and increase to the £5mill and once they receive this today I have got the go ahead to start whenever.

Now before I have only cleaned chippys takeaways dentist hairdressers all ground level etc etc, nothing this big! So I want to be able to give them risk assessment and method statements which is baffling me to be honest.

So it has me thinking if I got accepted at £80, what did others quote!!

I also got an email asking how much for the insides.. ( this is going to be an absolute nightmare to do interior windows! ) so I'm going to say at least £120..

Im also hoping this will introduce me to more libraries or schools.. How would I ask about more work?? - anywhere else got dirty windows? Lol.. As my lads school is stinking, and these are the people who would deal with it all

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

;)

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Yes Iain if only my arms were long enough I'd give u a big bear hug! Lol.. Cheers!! Also got a gutter job yesterday from the site too and they wanted to pay upfront through the site!!!

4. harunh

harunh Legend

Well done mate ;) u are doing well

Iain all your lads who u do websites for are getting commercial work in... accept me... ! !

surely am next in line? :p

Lol

5. mark m

mark m Hero

Glad you got the job mate i told you £80 was the right price nice one and i also agree £120 for insides

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

and me! Ive had a few job from it though so im happy with that.

7. Iain

Iain Guru

It does take a bit of time for the search engines to start picking up the website properly but once they do you'll see the benefits!

8. Paul

Paul Guest

Be patient H, they may come they may not don't sit waiting expecting pal

9. harunh

harunh Legend

Iain search engines are going to pick it up ? How are u working on it like ? lol

And Iain i want a photo quote on my site now instead ;) Sorry to be a pain in the **** mate but i think it would be cool....

10. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Over time you site will rank higher. Well in google ive noticed this is the case (i think). Im guessing age is a factor in site ranking?

Advertisement