Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tubeless pole and univalve help

Alex87

This question is for people doing the tubeless pole with jg fitting

Does anybody have trouble with the pole hose coming out of the jg fitting when used with the univalve.

On the odd occasion when I pull hose to turn water on it can pull the hose out of the jg fitting

My advice to be would be to buy the rectus fitting and sleeve ejector from Steve, it's all you need

My advice to be would be to buy the rectus fitting and sleeve ejector from Steve, it's all you need
Thanks

Just when I thought that was the end of the spending and I thought I had everything I needed. It's non stop.

Use a 6mm barb to 8mm fitting and push that into the jg and use one of those little clips to stop it undoingJohn Guest 8mm Stem to 6mm Barb Gardiner Pole Systems Red Clip for T Push-Fit Connector Gardiner Pole Systems
I'm using pole hose both ends of jg. Reason I made them tubeless is easier storage in the van. Poles go straight into gutter down pipes.

I tried one of the red clips. Still bloody come out. I'm. Using the gardiners pole hose and is quite flexible.

Thanks for advice though daveyboy

This question is for people doing the tubeless pole with jg fitting
Does anybody have trouble with the pole hose coming out of the jg fitting when used with the univalve.

On the odd occasion when I pull hose to turn water on it can pull the hose out of the jg fitting
It shouldn't be coming out at all I'm using 2 JGs on my poles one at the base and one about a foot from the Uni-Valve for changing necks never comes out your either using cheaper JGs or it's knackered you need this I would also recommend using Exceed hose up the pole it's harder and grips tight in the JG. I'm using Exceed red hose up the pole then blue from the JG.

View attachment 6837

I think they are red

They also do black ones

6mm barb to 8mm smooth end which fits straight in the jg

I think they are better as 8mm jose can flex and pop out but 8mm solid plastic will grip a lot better

John Guest 8mm Stem to 6mm Barb Gardiner Pole Systems

This way it doesn’t matter about the pole hose as that is not the bit in the jg fitting

I think they are redThey also do black ones

6mm barb to 8mm smooth end which fits straight in the jg

I think they are better as 8mm jose can flex and pop out but 8mm solid plastic will grip a lot better
Thanks mate. I think I got some lying about will give this a go.

Also with the jg fittings I bought them off eBay. Exactly the same ones that's in @Poles Apart picture above. Will they do the job ?

Thanks for help both

Make sure your JG hasn't got dirt in between the open/closed grooves so the hose is fully inserted also I clip my hose now and again as you get a crease after a while from using the JG but that takes a long time to have any effect that's why I leave about 6 inches of hose at the base.

Thats another reason to use the plastic 8mm stem

Saves wear and tear on the hose and will always be 100% rigid

Just switched it all over so it's all blue pole hose from exceed. Much better.

The difference is massive. You barely have to pull to operate the univalve.

Will be ordering 30m of this to put onto reel

Latest Posts

Back