Biodiesel Co-Op

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by joebutler, Jul 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. joebutler

joebutler Guest

Ive been running my van on Bio for the last year or two. Mostly new veg oil ( 60p Per L) and the odd bit of used
    I have all the kit to convert the oil to bio and was wondering if there was anyone around east anglia who would be intrested in chipping in so we could buy in bulk and get costs down or has access to used veg oil.
    Im happy to do the mixing.
    Your van needs no converting and with the cost of diesel these days running on Bio is a no brainer ( It also does wonders for your green image!)

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Doesnt that stuff cause damage to your engine?

3. joebutler

joebutler Guest

If you run veg oil on it's own yes. but if you convert it to Bio it runs fine, no mods needed and no damage to engine. If you are running a pre 92 car or van you will need to change the rubber gaskets and hoses as it can eat away at them but who runs a pre 92 car these days?

Bio Wiki

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Now you have my attention, How much does it cost for a full kit? How much are the chemicals it uses?

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

How much is the kit to make bio?

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

7. joebutler

joebutler Guest

I made my own for about £50 Chems cost about £10 and they are good for about 1000L! I have more info if anyone wants it

8. joebutler

joebutler Guest

Thats overkill! a few oil drums, a filter,heating element, motor or an electric drill with mixing bit will do the trick! Basic bucket sci

9. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Im not good a DIY, I end up with 100 litres of chip pan oil all over my floor haha.

More info please, Even if I did pay for one by my calculations It would pay for its self in 6-7 months from the saving I would make. Is there any tax you need to pay on it?

Advertisement