bird sh*t removal with wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, May 16, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi guys i am changing over to a wfp system at the month end and i was just wondering what you do in order to remove bird sh*t that is usually hard enough to get of whilst using trad methods.

How effective is a waterfed pole for first cleans especially where they haven't been done for some time, any tips appreciated

colin :)

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Wfp is very effective on first cleans. I find you just need to spend a bit more time and rinse rinse and rinse again. Bird poop comes off ok, what I tins to do is if I see some spray over and make sure it is soaked then go do the other windows and once you get back to the poop it should be soft and wet enough to come off easily. I have not cone across any that does not come off. Once I cheated and turned my brush over and used the plastic edge to budge it.

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I agree with cyberpedz.

If anything it can be harder to get the tiny fly poo spots off than the bird poo.

I also find it handy to carry my trusty old unger trad pole, with a sSwear word!er that fits on the end - can reach any 1st floor no problem.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Squirt a bit of fairy on the brush and let the chems do the work and rub it on the bird poop then rinse

5. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

Make yourself one of these, soap it up this is ideal for bird muck and snail trails!

Just flip it back and forth as you would a wagtail as and when you need it works brillant

Attached Files:

6. mark m

mark m Hero

nice idea

7. Luffy

Luffy Member

For the stubborn stuff I tend to turn the pole to an angle and gently scrape it with the plastic brush head. Works well most times but if not then try washing up liquid

8. harunh

harunh Legend

same here :p

and just scrub and rinse then keep doing it :)

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

You can get a scraper attachment for your brush head.

Advertisement