birds in loft

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Feb 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

customer asked me to find out where some birds are getting into her loft and stop it . iv said i will look next week.

said she will pay...my reply ,, "OF COURSE !"

Whats the going rate for this ? can it be complicated ?

Advertisement
  2. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Bird in the hand is worth two in the loft.

Expanding foam isn't cheap.

3. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

All depends on where they are getting in from, may be a small hole that you can't see. Also depends on what they are going in from too, and is the custy going to be happy with you lobbing some expending foam through a gap, then there is the smell they will create when decomposing after you trap them in there (don't know the layout of the house but rats and mice can stink for 2 weeks) birds if they have laid eggs, will also try and attack if threatened so wear goggles, and make sure they are indeed birds and not bats first as its illegal to do anything to bats.

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Messing with some types of nesting birds is a serious criminal offence. Not just owls and other birds of prey but little song birds too.

Dependant on the birds in question you could end up doing some bird.

I have been asked to remove nests from varios places in the past and it's always 'nope sorry' dont mind popping some anti pigeon spikes up when they arent there but anything more than that forget it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. norm

norm Grand Master

if there is bats you are bolloxed

6. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Best delete this thread..........sssshhhh

7. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I wouldn't touch this job for reasons mentioned, could come back to haunt you. They won't pay enough for it to be worth messing with either, I'd say 'insurance doesn't cover it soz'

8. TolishAPurd

Just give them the number of a local pest controller mate, it's not worth the time or aggro unless joy are charging what they charge. And the only reason they are asking a windy is because they want it on the cheap.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

cheers for the info/tips gents . Because she said "i will pay you" in a slightly mocking tone, as if im a pauper- what im thinking i will do is go up my ladder and find the hole in, then possibly expand it a tad -so that really big birds can get in . i will then tell her that i Think iv got it, but no guarantee, and refuse payment. this could run and run, im thinking she will get desperate.What i really want her to look like is the ladys face in my avatar!

i may even buy a stuffed bat, on Ebay and a plaster to stick on the bridge of my nose!

10. Markyboy 50

You mean that's not you in the avatar ? I've been miss led

Advertisement