Bit of advice please!

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Diwrnach, Feb 20, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Just had an email, a customer wants a quote on pressure washing a tennis court, at the moment I usually do patios and drive ways with a turbo nozzle, I don't have a rotary, is it worth even quoting a tennis court without a rotary?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#2 Smurf, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    I've had a few enquires myself but if I'm honest I never wanted to do them after I've seen the state of them.

These vids might be of interest

And the chap has a few more you can see too

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

According to that a rotary is definitely needed then, have held off buying one as most of the drives and patios I get are fine with a turbo nozzle, might just turn it down then, they want gutters doing as well so still get some work off them lol.

4. cheapncheerful

nope you should do it just to add another piece of kit to your van...once you have done it you always have it for future use...

could be very boring though...tennis courts are very big ...yawn.:D

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Yeah I am considering it, looking at jetmac and considering getting a rotary and new pressure washer.

6. Colonel

Colonel Newcomer

Hi,
    I have also been looking at Jetmac for a New pressure washer and Rotary, i am new to this and not sure what size machine or Rotary to get. Only doing drives/patios/paths at the moment but i want to look more professional. i have been reading alot of the threads on here and there is some great advice. Some of my queries

What flow rate do i get 15L or 21L ?
    Would a 15L be suffice ?
    Do i get barrel fed machine only ?
    Can a barrel or mains fed supply a 21L enough?

I have 2K to spend but only want to get a Rotary if its going to do the job properly.

I would be interested in what you decide on,

Excellent Forum and i hope to be contributing in the near future.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#7 Smurf, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Hi & welcome to the forum Colonel

I've used spinners in the past on 15 lpm washers and did not find them much cop. However I did buy a delta honda gx340 washer with ws201 15 lpm pump gearbox driven from fleebay http://www.dualpumps.co.uk/products/DT15200PHR__Delta_15200_Petrol_Pressure_Washer that come with an 20" whirlaway that cleans brilliantly. I guess that is just down to what nozzels it has to match the type of washer you use.

21 lpm will drive a flat surface much quicker but on some domestic work having such a high flow rate with bad drainage could cause flooding more.

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I just use a turbo nozzle currently, been considering a rotary for awhile but so far its been something that would be nice to have rather than a must have.

Though I think this tennis court is out of the question with a turbo nozzle.

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

To me 21 litre sounds a bit overkill for domestic work, regularly have trouble with drainage with much less than that.

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Advertisement