Black Gunky Stuff On Scrim, Think It's Rubber From Window?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by buzzing, Dec 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Happened again today and I remember it happening before. When I was doing the detailing with my scrim or frames with sill cloth, this horrible black stuff got on my scrim it spread on the frames as well, will it ruin my scrim? I just put it in for a hot wash. I think it might be off the rubber between the glass and frames, but not 100%.

Advertisement
  2. Squeak and Bubbles

I'm sure it's from the the black seals on the upvc around the frame. Do you use the scrim to wipe off water and dirt from your squeegee?

3. Squeak and Bubbles

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I get it all the time, only for first couple of cleans though and first clean is worst. It does come off though it's only oxidisation on seals (so I'm told).

5. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

yep its defo from the black seals holding the window in. Once they get oxidized theyll leave the black marks on ur scrim. I find that if windows do it real bad to just miss the edge with my mop, sqeegee as normal then the detailing should be hassle free

http://www.windowmagiccleaning.co.uk

Advertisement