Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New pole advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

Looking for a nice light pole for doing normal domestic work, the one I have now I want to retire and use for three story work so want something nice small and light for normal houses.

Was thinking Gardner, but so many options etc it baffled me, want something fairly cheap as well nothing top of the range amazing.

Any advice?

Hi mate I'm in the boat looking at poles.Done loads research on here and the net hours in fact and looks like I'm going for gardiner.fantastic reviews from what I've seen so I'm gunna order 2 the sl18 and the sl25 wonder if they'll do me a discount lol ordering 1 of there backpacks as well

Hi mate I'm in the boat looking at poles.Done loads research on here and the net hours in fact and looks like I'm going for gardiner.fantastic reviews from what I've seen so I'm gunna order 2 the sl18 and the sl25 wonder if they'll do me a discount lol ordering 1 of there backpacks as well
I started with a SLX 25. Well that's all I still have. That and an extension, which I only use on a few houses. I am also going to get an SLX 18. To be honest, you could be better with a 22 and 30. Depends on the jobs. You sure wont reach all domestic jobs with just a 25 as houses are getting taller.That or get an extension like me.Just quite a lot of money and messing about. On most jobs I use the first 2 lengths fully extended. With an 18 it will be 2 and 1/2 lengths extended. Loads lighter from what I can gather. An 18 with a extreme brush

I would recommend the Gardiner SLX. Fantastic pole for everyday use, light, rigid & very robust!!

I've used a 25ft one for about seven years now, I'm on my second one so they do last well.

I would recommend the Gardiner SLX. Fantastic pole for everyday use, light, rigid & very robust!!I've used a 25ft one for about seven years now, I'm on my second one so they do last well.
I must admit my SLX split badly at the base section after very little work. This happened after putting my extension on. I will tell you this. All I did was send Alex some pictures and he sent me out a new one. THATS customer service.

I use a pheonix 22ft one, fibre glass. its great for normal houses, no problem at all, I have the 4ft carbon extention on and use that and the one below and it does normal houses fine, really good pole and levers too, no pinch and no gettign stuck on gutters. I do find it when extended right out to bend a bit when working on some houses that have extentions that are like 14 ft out and the window behind is set back and not so high so hard to get to as not as stiff as the carbon poles. But over all its a cracking pole, for normal work its better than I tought it would be and also on 3 story with extention its 25ft and reach 28 plus and is fine, no issues. I will progress soon to a carbon one and spend another 100 odd pounds on it.

For normal easy houses I would nto be bothered about upgrading at all, but for awkward windows when need reach and hang its not as good as carbon and the gardiners would be nice to use. Not bad for entry level ones though.

I ahve my eye on the iconic ones, mayeb in march birthday time lol - good luck in searching Diwrnach. /emoticons/smile.png

ive got a slx22 its very nce ple it will last to due to the new smart clamps i find 22 perfect i may get a extenshion to take it to 27ft just for the odd biger job but on the hole 22 is idel anything bigger an ill wip the super max out.

I must admit my SLX split badly at the base section after very little work. This happened after putting my extension on. I will tell you this. All I did was send Alex some pictures and he sent me out a new one. THATS customer service.
alex's custmer service is second to none ur section that split can i just ask did u put some gaffa tape round it b 4 adding the extenshion if not this could b the resion for it spliting??

alex's custmer service is second to none ur section that split can i just ask did u put some gaffa tape round it b 4 adding the extenshion if not this could b the resion for it spliting??
No! didn't think I had to. Don't think extension would go on with tape on end anyway

im not shore its just a thault realy if u slacking the clamp off it will go over the tape thats wat ide do just for extra saport

im not shore its just a thault realy if u slacking the clamp off it will go over the tape thats wat ide do just for extra saport
When it first split. I glued it and put insulation tape on. It was very tight to put on, but the glue also made it a tad thicker. Should be bonded better. Never used it without end cap. You will get faulty items. If I never used extension, I wouldn't have a problem. I am getting a 18ft pole next and using my 25 with extension on all the time. That way no more splitting

Slx25 but then again I'm thinking about buying the exceed innovation as I've heard good things about this new pole [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slx25 but then again I'm thinking about buying the exceed innovation as I've heard good things about this new pole [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was going to buy one before Christmas. MASSIVE saving on Gardiner pole. Then new website came and prices rose /emoticons/sad.png They came with free Aqua Dapter £50 /emoticons/smile.png I only have a part time round, so thought I would wait till Feb. Now they charge £40 extra for Aqua Dapter and are actually quite a bit more than Gardiner poles. Gutted. Not sure who to get one off now. I know Gardiner poles are ok and customer service is the dogs. Would love to try one out

My SLX22 has split today about 12" down on the first section /emoticons/sad.png I had it standing against a house and a gust came and it smashed on the floor.

I would go for a SLX though they are very good sturdy poles.

Looks like later this week I'll have an SLX 21 :confused:

I have an SLX-35. I have removed the last section, pole 7, as i never fully extend it even on veluxes.

For very high work I bought pole 8 and 9 and keep them and the 7 together in the van for when I need them

I have an SLX-35. I have removed the last section, pole 7, as i never fully extend it even on veluxes.
For very high work I bought pole 8 and 9 and keep them and the 7 together in the van for when I need them
Do you use an end cap on pole 6?

Back