Black Marks From Window Seals?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Jez86, Jan 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jez86

Jez86 Member

Hey, was cleaning some windows today (first clean) and the window seals got black smears on the windows, I know this is oxidation or something and not much I can do about it but what's the best thing to clean it off? Anyone have any tips? The PVC already had quite a lot on and would be nice to get the windows white again for the customer!? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

on the white I'm quite taken with the magic sponges, don't like to use them too much but once is ok.

3. OoO

OoO Guest

Everbuild Pvc Solvent its about £3/£4 a bottle. Eats that black stuff for breakfast.

4. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Yeah good stuff that mate, i used to use the cream cleaner and found not half as good as the solvent

5. OoO

OoO Guest

Used some today, like an idiot forgot to wash my hands. About 2 hours later took my contacts out!

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Tesco scouring pads 43p a pack !!!

7. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

lol! done that a few times in my window fitting days, not nice at all! :-(

8. OoO

OoO Guest

I kid you not, i also had a tiny spot on my neck. I picked while driving. I thought i had been shot lol Jesus i cried on the way home lol

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

My eyes are watering just thinking of solvent in em lol

10. johnny bravo

you wont get rid of the black **** that comes off the black seals, not very often happens but just use a different small scrim to detail, you will get marks on scrim but not your main scrim,, just fit an xtra pouch on the back for xtra cloth., every customer is 1 less for the competition to get seen on the block.

Advertisement