Blocked Drain Also Downpipe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Nov 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Was called out to do a large posh house as the guttering was overflowing onto a conservatory making the inside wall damp, Took 5 mins to sort out as the chap had put a gutter ballon in the downspout whilst there was scaffoling erected when having some roof work done.

Anyway was asked to check & clear if needed the rest of the guttering and downspouts on the house so I did. On one at the front of the house I found the drain had blocked also the full height of the downpipe so sticking a hosepipe down the downspout I soon found out what the problem was.

1. the drain was blocked - used rods & just a hosepipe to clear the blockage

2. the downpipe was blocked - took the ground floor gutter bend off the main house downspout so could lift the downpipe up a bit from the drain filter and clered it by hand

Took 10 mins to unblock both and one happy customer to boot. :Image10:
    IMG_5740.JPG

IMG_5741.JPG

IMG_5742.JPG

Advertisement
  2. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Lots of those about. The cast iron ones are the real nightmare. PVC striaght forward

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Had to clear a friends drain out after a cowboy builder had filled it with tile adhesive, pulled out a bucket load plus two teaspoons, screwdriver and pointer trowel.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]I've come across quite a few in the past but normally any issues below ground I would not touch.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]That one was quite simple to have a go at so I was pleased that I had saved the customer some money rather than him spending a fortune on getting a drain clearing company out. [/SIZE]

Advertisement