Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

blocked pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jmslade

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to unblock my shurflo pump, it's 100 psi but the water comes from the tank but just isn't flowing through the pump and I have no idea why!!!
I only bought it in April and it really isn't being over used but it just isn't pumping. It was working fine but yesterday it just stopped and I have no idea why, I've changed the strainers and fixings but still no flow. Why does it have to be so bloody difficult, is no around to service these things!!!

calm down! :)

is the pump working - ie you can hear the diaphragm moving but no water or is it dead - if its working and no water could be an airlock run it and move the pump about to encourage the air out.

if its dead it could be the solenoid at the base of the pump - there are 2 red wires I to little "box" you need to bypass by connecting them together ( if you use a spring controller the solenoid is surplus to requirements anyway

try the move and let us know the results

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to unblock my shurflo pump, it's 100 psi but the water comes from the tank but just isn't flowing through the pump and I have no idea why!!!
I only bought it in April and it really isn't being over used but it just isn't pumping. It was working fine but yesterday it just stopped and I have no idea why, I've changed the strainers and fixings but still no flow. Why does it have to be so bloody difficult, is no around to service these things!!!
It's only a pump. Never known a shurflo 8000 series to fail like that

I can strip and parts swap those with my eyes closed

calm down! :)

is the pump working - ie you can hear the diaphragm moving but no water or is it dead - if its working and no water could be an airlock run it and move the pump about to encourage the air out.

if its dead it could be the solenoid at the base of the pump - there are 2 red wires I to little "box" you need to bypass by connecting them together ( if you use a spring controller the solenoid is surplus to requirements anyway

try the move and let us know the results
Hi ,yes it's still working, I'll try moving it around. Thanks 👍

Absolutely loads of posts on how to fault find, service & wiring of pumps on the forum

Use the search bar at the top of the page and type in Shurflo pump and read through the threads

Hopefully you'll answer your own questions and diagnose the issue and learn something in return without the need for us to type an essay

Absolutely loads of posts on how to fault find, service & wiring of pumps on the forum

Use the search bar at the top of the page and type in Shurflo pump and read through the threads

Hopefully you'll answer your own questions and diagnose the issue and learn something in return without the need for us to type an essay
I do apologise

Back