Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Equipment brands

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tmile

I know a lot of this is personal preference but is there much of a difference between say a moerman squegee handle Chanel and grip compared to a ninja handle channel and grip? The difference in price in some of these is quite big but for a noob like me it all seems the same.. So I suppose the question is if I start off using a cheaper brand name and that's what i'm used to is the unger or ettore really any better and worth the few extra quid investment? And where does facelift fit in all this because their stuff seems good value for money too but not if it's s**t.. Just looking for some pointers on what to buy that will last and make the job as easy as possible.. Thanks in advance..tmile

For starters any squeegee will do the job except ninja as they are shite

They are all roughly the same but all feel and perform slightly differently depending who is using them hence us all having our own preferences

Saying that most people get on with the unger ergotec range and have the best standard tools imo

Ettore perform well but the channels are wider from front to back and take more getting used to

Facelift is made by unger as i have read online so can't be bad

I use facelift rubber in my modified squeegees and liquidators

i swear by Wagtail squeegees , Unger T bars and Moerman channels.

To be fair to the other brands they will all do the job

I was on wcw site and they have the red applicator and it says made by unger

Maybe they make them for wcw

Well I love the contico hi-rise. The clamp and thread seems toy-like, and the grip is rubbish when wet, but £4 for an aluminium channel, a rubber and a big 40 degree handle and VERY light. Also, the pulex t bars and lambswools are ok too, quite cheap.

My favourite handle is the small ergotec, it has very nice grip and you can mod the hi-rise channels and have a nice light alumium channel for it. With the hi-rise channels being such thin light aluminium they are also very easy to mod, ie hack saw and bend into dog ear channels like the liquidators.

The ergotec pockets and belt are pretty good, but you may be able to get something with even nicer padding that isn't originally intended for window cleaning. Probably get the unger classic bucket on a belt if you are right handed. The ninja or moerman, if you are left handed. Don't like the pulex or ettore buckets, they bang my knee cap area all day (ouch).

Oh, also I thought we'd cleared up the whole fireblade thing? Aside from maybe the red rubber, all the red unger stuff is just janitorial, but fireblade pretend it's exclusively made for them....

Last edited by a moderator:
Tha ks for the responses lads..judging by what yous are saying i think ill go unger to be safe for the minute.. isthere a thread on how to dog ear channels properly? I have looked but cant find one..

Just curious. Why choose Unger and make your own dogear? I started out with Ettore gear. But if I would start today I'd go for the liquidator. Minimizing the detailing really helps.

( And I don't like to tinker too much. )

Seems a bit fidgety to get things right if you dogear yourself. But probably does the trick when you learn to do it correct.

Btw. I still like the Ettore ProGrip and Pro+ handles & T-bars better than the Moerman but just got the Liquidator so it will take some time to get used to the handle and the way of working with it.

I think the liquidators are better for a newbie to use as you don't already have your own techniques you are used to

If not pm me and i can show you how to dogear a squeegee properly and give you some help

Just curious. Why choose Unger and make your own dogear? I started out with Ettore gear. But if I would start today I'd go for the liquidator. Minimizing the detailing really helps.( And I don't like to tinker too much. )

Seems a bit fidgety to get things right if you dogear yourself. But probably does the trick when you learn to do it correct.

Btw. I still like the Ettore ProGrip and Pro+ handles & T-bars better than the Moerman but just got the Liquidator so it will take some time to get used to the handle and the way of working with it.
Yeah, if you're just starting out and learning, then I say maybe use the liquidator and tailor to that.

For the people who've been cleaning windows for 20 years, it's going to be best to do it the other way around (ie, tailor the dog ear to your existing style)

Also use the ninja boab. I like the ninja. But just picked up a Moerman boab with the rest of the Moerman gear. A bit tighter slots so less rattle and it doesn't swing around as much as the ninja. Good when doing indoor jobs with cramped space. Oh. Forgot. Also like the clip better on the Moerman. You can let the clip stay on the belt and just release the boab if you need to empty or stow it away. Haven't used it extensively yet though, so time will tell if it's going to be the new favourite.

I was looking at the moerman one but my ninja is modified to hold 3 squeegees and my big and small applicator

@daveyboy1

Haha. Like a girl's handbag then = pretty crowded.Got a pic? Interested in how you manage to fit all that stuff in the ninja. I guess you got rid of the rattle then huh? ::p:

A bit tighter slots so less rattle and it doesn't swing around as much as the ninja. Good when doing indoor jobs with cramped space. Oh. Forgot. Also like the clip better on the Moerman. You can let the clip stay on the belt and just release the boab if you need to empty or stow it away. Haven't used it extensively yet though, so time will tell if it's going to be the new favourite.
You can get rid of rattle by doing stuff like I did to the left handed squeegee compartments in these pics. Also, I modded a moerman for one of my friends. But I liked the clip so much, I bought one just so I could mod the clip onto my old unger bucket:

http://i.imgur.com/KSeJvEu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A3CfaMT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KaVAXLE.jpg

Latest Posts

Back