Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some advice on my first commercial please guys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jamiesmack

Can I ask your opinions on pricing a job like this please? I realise that pricing is a very individual thing, and really its just time you expect x hourly rate. The issue I have is I'm not very experienced, so I'm not sure how long it will take! They have asked for a quarterly clean - it is pretty dirty at the minute but shouldn't take too much scrubbing.

Do you approach your commercial quotes differently to your domestic? are you more expensive or cheaper on your commercial?

Also, if anyone has any tips for cleaning around those metal screens it would be appreciated :confused:

15eak2p.jpg

25u03ti.jpg

xkufea.jpg

1zwbx1s.jpg

2aenfpt.jpg

2whft03.jpg

I think you could put a ladder up to the fascia and clean the window just above the screen. The screens look like they need cleaning too.

I would be very surprised if they come up spot free with WFP

Those frames are deep and seals will be filthy

I would pole wag what I reasonably could or from inside see which Windows actually matter eg MD office

Personally I would think you have 3 hours to clean normally and another couple of hours, maybe 3, for the screens and the chew on cleaning the bottom of the top windows blocked by those screens.

If you were doing it on a regular basis then you would expect to reduce that time by an hour or two I would think. I think the real 'killer' is going to be those screens as there are a lot of them. That row of plants/hedge/bushes in the bottom picture is going to create a few difficulties accessing the top windows.

For me I would look at doing this job over a weekend if you can gain access so it becomes a cherry on the top clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back