Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your preferred method of doing a first clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Max

Interested to know how you all do you first cleans. Following the video on the Gardiner website Alex suggests on dirty frames to do the window in 2 stages, frames first, move on to next frame and so on then return to first and do the glass. Today I saw a video (Adders first clean) in which he suggests to scrub the frame and glass but don't rinse, move on to next window and return after a short while to the first window and then scrub and rinse frame and glass. Is there a difference or is it a personal choice.

Would really appreciate your comments, thanks everyone.

I tend to scrub frame first followed by window, both with a little viro-sol sprayed on the brush, then rinse off the frames but don't worry about the windows till I have done all one side of the house like this. This allows the frames to stop running whilst the windows have a little soak. Then I go back, give the windows a little scrub again to remove loosened dirt/bird muck etc, then rinse off the windows. I can't remember the last time I had a complaint with this method but I get plenty of positive comments.

I scrub whole window rinse go to next window same and same after then go back and rinse the glass again a

It's important not to leave to long or they be semi dry and useless re rinsing

I tend to scrub frame first followed by window, both with a little viro-sol sprayed on the brush, then rinse off the frames but don't worry about the windows till I have done all one side of the house like this. This allows the frames to stop running whilst the windows have a little soak. Then I go back, give the windows a little scrub again to remove loosened dirt/bird muck etc, then rinse off the windows. I can't remember the last time I had a complaint with this method but I get plenty of positive comments.
Exactly the same, have you been spying on me?

I wash frames and glass together and do the 3 or 4 windows before retuning and doing it again. Then go rinse the glass only. This method removed all first clean complaints.

Ubik on brush

Scub all frames and glass and only rinse top frame and above it

Do next window or 2

Go back to first window and clean frame and glass like a maintenance clean

Done

On Ionic's training course they say that on a 1st clean it needs to be cleaned twice to get a perfect finish.

The way I do 1st cleans with my reach and wash system is to turn the pump up to double my normal operating pressure so it would be on about 50% then start with the frame then glass and finally cill's, do 1 window at a time and rinse thoroughly, I always do the front 1st then by time u do the backs the fronts should be starting to dry so I can check them to make sure there perfect before leaving, re-clean any that need it but if ur thorough enough in the 1st place should be all good

I scrub frames and windows once, rinse and that works for me, got 5* reviews from all of my customers, i suppose its up too personal preference /emoticons/smile.png

UBIK the top windows with a pump sprayer, scrub entire window well with a flocked brush and rinse, do the same for the bottom windows. Then switch to a mono brush, top windows, very quick scrub just the glass (making sure not to throw water up onto the top frame) and a good rinse, same for the bottom windows, then detail the bottom frames with a sill cloth to get any little bits that didn't rinse away.

Back