Book Keeping

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by iluvwindows, Jul 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. iluvwindows

iluvwindows Well-Known Member

Hi all

What is the best way to keep records for your tax return?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i use spreadsheets to keep a record of what i take monthly, then its just transfering the data across.

3. iluvwindows

iluvwindows Well-Known Member

so you caculate your monthly takings do you keep track daily or do you just tally up at the end of the week

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i print out a daily work sheet and on that it shows what i have done, then just add them up at the end of the week,

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I have running worksheets which show all the houses I do in a particular day. This is filled in when I clean each house & keeps record of who paid etc.

At the end of the day I write my day's takings in a diary.

Then each month put this into a income/outgoings spreadsheet and ta-dah- all done.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

window cleaner pro here :p lol

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Pen & paper. Keep all receipts. Write month at top of page. On left I put incomings (money, cheques). On right outgoings (petrol phone wages materials etc. add incomings up and add outgoings up. Tale outgoings away from incomings and you have your total income. Staple recipes together and put them in that page of the book. I do it once a month at the end of month & takes about half hour. I do it like this as haven't a clue about spreadsheets but also to me if your only running a small buisness this is all you need to do. Has not let me down in 4 years.

Advertisement