Booking hand held device / ipad or cheaper alternative

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by sdrah, Aug 11, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

anyone can recommend a way to keep my bookings nice and tidy ?! Ive got a list of my window cleaning customers and that's pretty straightforward but I also do some carpet cleaning - gardening :) P ) etc and many of these are one offs ..

I used to save my bookings as a text message (SMS) - but these days I just get lost looking for what I need as get to many texts ...

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yep dont ask me ...i aint even got around to writing em all down...if i dropped dead tomorrow....the wifey aint got a clue who cat woman or mrs j is....

i will do soon...honest....

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I just use a big A4 diary with a page for each day. I record all my bookings in there with the price to the side of the name, then mark them up paid when payment is received. I also record the days takings and miles done on the same page.

Not exactly high tech, but it works for me

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i use George . iv learnt that if when i record a new customer,i dont bother with their name , and shorten their address into about 8 characters max ,i can include the price on the end of the address . this way im able to print off on a single sheet of paper the whole weeks work ahead. theres room at the bottom of each sheet for notes to be pencilled in about new jobs/cancelled jobs etc . works for me

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I'm using the index cards for the last couple of weeks..works but I'm not 100% sure yet so still putting in in my book aswell for now

6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I'm still writing out index cards. It will be an interesting experiment once I start using them.

7. Chris Finley

Chris Finley Member

I use pocket George. I also got an app called PHEM which emulates a palm pda on my android phone and this enables me to update my round on my phone.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

8. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

I use a spreadsheet Microsoft excel, does me so far, around end of month, I just change the dates and mark in new sheet who owes, add a new line for new custys, doing me fine just now. I tried to upload it to this post, but not letting me, sorry.

Advertisement