Booster pump help!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by MyLittleCleaningCompany, Feb 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Having learned a few good tips on here I'm putting this one out there.

I am looking to be able to fill a 350l tank within an hour. I am told by purefreedom that their booster pump will do this but at a price of £500.

I am also told by another company that a Draper booster pump see link (www.draper-gardening.co.uk/acatalog/Draper_Booster_Pumps.html) will do the job but for half the price.

Does anyone out there use a booster pump and can they meet my requirements? This is a big point for me as I'm trying to maximise the capability of a small tank.

Cheers,

J

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Is it a booster pump for you ro you need if so send a link of the purefreedom one you have been looking at if you are going to spend that sort of money would you not be better getting a 40 40

3. Yes I am, a HF5 40 40. I'm not sure what the rest of that sentence means? Thanks

4. mark m

mark m Hero

Sorry i can not help you i have a 1000lt static tank in garage i just pump it from there 10 minutes all done but i have been looking at these as i could do with the space in garage http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_1_EZ_PURE_RO_KIT1.html

5. Anyone out there that can offer any of their experiences or opinions would be greatly welcomed.

J

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I'm running a HF5 4040 mate which is classed as a low pressure membrane - ideally operating pressure is 80psi. My tap pressure is only 55 and it was taking 8hrs to fill a 600ltr tank through pre filters and then membrane I was getting a reading of around 8-9 into tank. So I had a PF booster fitted - fill time down to 2hrs and now getting a reading of 1-2 after membrane. You can adjust the PSI on the pump and I can easily fill up to 120psi with no problems. Matt

7. Nice one Matty! So looking at my links you reckon I would get away with the Draper?

8. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Possibly - the only problem with the cheaper pumps is that they are not heavy duty enough to be left on and can overheat and will cut out. I would contact draper and ask them what is the constant work times for the pump - as you only have 350ltr tank you will probably get away with it.

9. From what I'm reading the Draper is a mid spec on the shelf pump. I understand what your saying with the cheaper pumps which you can buy for £40-£60 and will do what you said. May I ask which booster pump you have?

Thanks for the advice

J

Advertisement