Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ben Ainsley building , help with quote .

WCF

Help Support WCF:

robert mitchell

16c18c2a57c1cc42f95355119d3cd2f7.jpg

Hi , I have been asked to go and do a quote for this building in Portsmouth , never quoted a building like this before so looking for constructive advice .

I did ask the guy on the phone if they already had a window cleaner and he said yes but they are doing a poor job .

Any advice welcome , never done a rams before so a template would be good if anybody has one ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My first bit and probably not the most helpful bit of advice to you is if your serious about big jobs like this don"t post them on an open forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are window cleaners or companies lurking on this forum who are already thinking about contacting them tomorrow for a quote I have seen it happen on another forum I use.

Now with jobs of this size if you have no expierence of them they will make or brake you.

it's very hard almost impossible to price just on pictures.

The first thing you need to do is asses what method you are going to use from the photos and what I have seen on the net the building looks high the tower/stair well has a picture on the net with a van next to it going of that I estimate the tower alone to be 70-80ft if you don"t have the pole that alone will be 1.5-2k.

Now being close to the sea they will more than likely be covered in salt and filthy every time you clean them so polling at that height with cold water will never come up great so you may have to get a cherry picker or abseiler in.

There is a chance that being so close to water they may not allow it to be reach and washed a job I have gained recently the planning was part granted on the building being abseiled.

Don't let that put you off a building like this will pay proper money to have it cleaned well and safely.

But first asses how as this will make your costs and time very massively.

I am sure some one will be along in a minute and say they could poll it in a morning and would do it for £100.

Latest Posts

Back