Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Boots / Shoes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

I've had enough of these so called "waterproof" shoes and boots. Karrimor and Regatta around the £25 - £30 mark are the worst. Not only do the soles wear and split really quickly - but I've even had a pair leak the first time I've ever worn them /emoticons/smile.png

So decided to spend a bit more today on some Goretex ones - here's hoping for dry feet all the time.

What do you lads wear and are they any good?

Matt

I've been here so many times with various boots, I used to use some from straus direct, but they had a badge on the sole that kept popping out leaving a big gaping hole, so just stopped buying them. After trying loads of other shoes, from expensive ones to just buying a few pairs of cheap ones expecting them to wear. I eventually settled on Ambler steel boots.

I buy these from a local tool merchant, but you should be able to get them online...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amblers-Steel-Waterproof-Safety-Boot-06/dp/B0052WTOBM/ref=sr_1_46?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1329253670&sr=1-46

I would swear by these, they wont split, get holes in them, or fall apart, a pair of these last longer than any other boot I have bought, and are a reasonable price, considering the type of boots they are. They are waterproof and are steel toe-caped.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
for warm waterproof comfy boots you need goretex pro army boots £35 free p&p they're sold as used but that means they've been worn once or brand new for about £50 british military surplus store on ebay, ive been over my ankles in mud & water in these no problem

Back