Boots / Shoes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Matty H, Feb 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I've had enough of these so called "waterproof" shoes and boots. Karrimor and Regatta around the £25 - £30 mark are the worst. Not only do the soles wear and split really quickly - but I've even had a pair leak the first time I've ever worn them :)

So decided to spend a bit more today on some Goretex ones - here's hoping for dry feet all the time.

What do you lads wear and are they any good?

Matt

Advertisement
  2. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

a pair of addidas samba at the min not the best footwear for this weather should invest in a decent pair of boots really let us know what them goretex ones are like

3. kars

kars Guest

brasher/gortex just over £100 but well worth it. Done the cheaper thing and it really pays to have good boots and good 3 in 1 waterproof jacket. That has been the biggest investment i have made on myself with regard to work wear and worth every penny as i have been misreble in the past with wet body and feet. Next investment is waterproof trousers or ski trousers as my legs and thighs get really mumb during the cold days.

Dont skimp if you can get away with it. You spend too much time out in the elements to feel rotten.! :)

4. laddergarder

I've been here so many times with various boots, I used to use some from straus direct, but they had a badge on the sole that kept popping out leaving a big gaping hole, so just stopped buying them. After trying loads of other shoes, from expensive ones to just buying a few pairs of cheap ones expecting them to wear. I eventually settled on Ambler steel boots.

I buy these from a local tool merchant, but you should be able to get them online...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amblers-Steel-Waterproof-Safety-Boot-06/dp/B0052WTOBM/ref=sr_1_46?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1329253670&sr=1-46

I would swear by these, they wont split, get holes in them, or fall apart, a pair of these last longer than any other boot I have bought, and are a reasonable price, considering the type of boots they are. They are waterproof and are steel toe-caped.

5. simon

simon Guru

for warm waterproof comfy boots you need goretex pro army boots £35 free p&p they're sold as used but that means they've been worn once or brand new for about £50 british military surplus store on ebay, ive been over my ankles in mud & water in these no problem

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I've ordered Brasher Gotetex just £68 from sports direct :D

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Currently have a choice between johnscliffe scaffel walking boots, wyre valley neoprene lined muckboots, and welly's!. Got the johnscliffe's at the start of spring last year, and they have done pretty well. I was a little hesitant at buying another pair, as i had a pair before, and while they were about the comfiest things ive ever put on my feet, the soles didnt last very long!. But so far, touchwood, these have been fine. The neoprene boots i got off ebay back in october for a very good price, thinking it would be just the thing to keep my feet warm and dry during the winter months, which they did, sort of. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they were too. But, as usual (that is, you get what you pay for!), they have not lasted well, and are, i think, already letting in water!. The welly's are not so great, they are not very comfy, and my feet get very cold, but they are totally waterproof, so what i am thinking, is to get some 3mm neoprene socks (about £6 off ebay), and use them with welly's (the 3mm of neoprene will also add a welcome dose of comfort). Thing is, my current ones dont have enough room for that, so i would need to buy another pair, spending yet more money!. So at the moment, if it has been reasonably dry, i will wear the johnscliffe's, but if not, it the welly's, and try desperately to keep my toes warm! :)

Advertisement