Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Been asked to make a spreadsheet for a window cleaner! advide needed!

T

Tom Stabbins

Hey guys,

I have no interest or experience around window cleaning, however I do with I.T and I have been asked by someone I know to develop a spreadsheet to help him manage and keep track of his window cleaning business. He has around 300 clients and they're all local but I don't know much more than that!

What can do to make it work perfectly for him? And what would be the things that make keeping records really easy?

This guy is not very confident with computers either so he needs something that will be really easy and simple to use, but I want it to be professional. So I thought I'd come to the experts for advice!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

To get a better idea of what needs to be built best do a search for "window cleaning software" as it's not a simple task.

So your missus does the books then or do you just keep it all in your head?

voice input....i dont have time to faff about....press the app...it enters what you say...and shows you what you have said:rofl:

er she aint got a clue....about anything....yeh all in my head...bet some custys love getting a free clean...well i do put it in a page a day diary from 2008..but the days dont quite match up...well as long as there is money in the box....:rofl:

er sorry ...in this heat...its requests only...its too bloo dy hot....

ta:rofl::rofl::rofl:i like it in star trek when they do the sequence for auto destruct....and it says....sorry auto destruct is offline...what a trekkie i am..and of course ...it has a slight problem with the russian one...oops....yeh one day....mind you i keep talking to the wife and apparently she never hears what i say....as in....i will go and get my own beer...bloo dy taytay...she gets him his beer...

I have a book with 4 dividers

Week 1.2.3.and 4

Write address down when get new customer

Put c next to it when cleaned and circle it when paid

until I start needing to employ people that is all I need

i going to work for dave...he sounds a good boss...as long as you dont make me do that road you told me about the other day.../emoticons/biggrin.png

i went collecting for one today...saw her by the back door..went next door got paid...went to hers...no answer all windows open back door open i had seen her....knocked rang no answer....hmmmm stuck her on my list....

That road and the almost identical one next door has your name on it..will swap for the 75 quid house
clear.png

You can do the backs by car if you want but the fronts are all on the outside of the road so you need to walk it
clear.png

Love cleaning with me music on

Am an old skool raver at heart

Don't do the disco biscuits anymore but love the tunes

Hey guys,
I have no interest or experience around window cleaning, however I do with I.T and I have been asked by someone I know to develop a spreadsheet to help him manage and keep track of his window cleaning business. He has around 300 clients and they're all local but I don't know much more than that!

What can do to make it work perfectly for him? And what would be the things that make keeping records really easy?

This guy is not very confident with computers either so he needs something that will be really easy and simple to use, but I want it to be professional. So I thought I'd come to the experts for advice!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Personally, if I was going to bother having my round on the computer, I would just use any one of the existing software. But I just like to keep it simple using index cards, as it allows me to easily move people to different rounds/days, and I can carry them in the van as I go.

But if I was to have a spreadsheet I'd keep it simple as possible with as few fields to fill in as possible.

Basic details with a 'hover over'. Name, address, phone #,

Frequency- Monthly, bi monthly, etc

Cost

Date of last clean

Paid? Tick box

Simples.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock