Borrrrrriiiiinnnnng

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by SolarPanelCleaning, Sep 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I'm starting to find the window cleaning dull. Started listening to audio books to try and kill the monotony. It's sort of working.

What do you guys do to make things more interesting?

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Music on my phone. In all fairness it's a mind numbing job so I try and disconnect as much as possible

3. TolishAPurd

I've got a little mp3 player which does the job when I remember to charge it.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I think of the dosh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. I suppose in the winter there's more to think about. Keeping warm dry, hose not freezing etc.

Thinking maybe employing someone to do the cleaning while I concentrate on getting new work in. At least it'll give me the incentive if I have to find wages and double the work quick.
    I dunno.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you need to do something make a move if its gone dull or next step you cant be bothered sick to death of it . thats how i felt in my previous trade [mechanic ]

i can really recommend employing for moving you out of your comfort zone, youv now got some stranger relying on you for their livelihood . iv not ever regretted employing and now enjoy drumming up work to keep everyone busy , landing the catch is what its all about, good fun!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I blast the tunes on Spotify.

For us the boredom isn't an issue at present but have been there mate.

I started looking for other stuff to do in same game, walking into random commercial properties and talking to people, starting to network a lot more and so forth.

You are at the wall right now but you will get through it!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I have a little terrace tranny radio with a built in speaker in a pocket of my belt. Talksport on in the morning, then Jeremy vine on radio 2 at lunchtime (debate show) then Scott mills on radio 1 in the afternoon. Keeps me sane

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I just go home at 1pm:)

But yeah it can be boring, I just let the mind wonder, and try to whip round the work as fast as possible and get home as soon as I can to hit the gym, or go for a ride, any type of hobbie really, a long day on residential gets a bit boring, but a million times better than sitting in and office with all the gossip and backstabbing...

Window cleanings not so bad!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

I think about getting enough cash to swap my mx5 for a Lotus Elise or dream about being back in the mountains on the next skiing holiday. None of these things would be possible without the window cleaning.

Advertisement