Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Was Told Off For Canvassing, Why?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Was he just and an idiot or was 5.45pm on a Tues a bad time to canvass(it is getting dark from 6.15 now) ? How else can I get customers? This guy came out of his house said no and that the people around near where he lived didn't like cold calling, I have knocked on hundreds of doors and never had this response before, but I am living on the south coast and the people are soft down there! Don't say what they think. I have also had people really happy I called and others praise me for being proactive in my hunt for work, that they admire me. Should I not take it too personally ? And should I not bother during week days.

Look at him in the eye, smile and say all it is, is we've had a brilliant response round here and I didnt want you to miss out, if he still kicks off again smile and say most normal people dont mind and walk off

Look at him in the eye, smile and say all it is, is we've had a brilliant response round here and I didnt want you to miss out, if he still kicks off again smile and say most normal people dont mind and walk off
haha thats a good 1 m8 :Image13:

Canvassing is a numbers game, knock enough doors and you'll come across an idiot. Quite often I come across someone who tells me the area is already covered by a window cleaner, or that i'm wasting my time knocking the street, just to find i end up booking the next door neighbour.

Don't let it put you off, thank him for his time, knock the next door and keep smiling.

At that point don't loiter in his garden hahaha :Image1: The technical name for someone that kicks off is a screamer, and when I first started knocking I was ridiculously polite and overly respectful and some people see that as their right to abuse you. Only twice in the whole time of doing this have I thought I was going to get a kick in.

The 1s you have to watch out for are the 1s that are like what you're doing is illegal, they can get a bit heated.

It is not illegal unless you keep going back Read this http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/navless/cedric/cedric.asp?itemID=181582

Back