Bottled it - demoralised

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by adamangler, Jan 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Well Today was going to be the day I did some canvassing. Its been eating at me since I started wc 2 months ago that I have to go door knocking.

So today was the day, weathers pretty good, dont start my part time job whilst 2pm, nothing else to do so no excuses.

I got up shaved, dressed smart, got my notebook, leaflets and headed to the area I had prechosen.

So firstly drive round the area. Stopped for 5mins shitting myself. Decides ll just pop to asda for a drink and a sandwhich then ill be ready.

Sat in asda car park for 15 mins checks my Facebook and a message from a new custie I had cleaned in the same area last week telling me they only wanted a one off not to come again.

Not a massive problem maybe but when youve only got a few custies and darent knock on doors it just made me feel worse.

Anyway I goes back to the area gets out of car and walks round street For 10mins.

Couldnt bring myseld to knock a door in my head I was looking at windows thinking they've got a cleaner or theres no one in etc.

So got back in my car and came home. Im so dissapointed in myself its driving me mad but I just cant get over this anxiety of knockingon doors ffs lol .

End of story

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Keep trying as you will get there in the end as can be daunting to start with but is a great way to meet people even if they say "no thanks" Even better when they say "yes please" as you will be buzzing for hours. :)

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I think you need an opening line in your head. Simple and straight forward.

"Good Morning, I wondered if you need a window cleaner?"

"No sorry"

"Ok you have a nice day"

Of course if its "Oh yes, I have been looking for a window cleaner" then you you go straight to pricing etc.

If you know what you are going to say it takes the fear away.

4. adamangler

thanks..will have to dust myself off and try again as soon as poss, just seems like im taking one step forward two back in getting this business going sometimes, what with this and the recent weather and this bloody part time job that i need to pay bills. not easy this starting a business lark:(

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Where are.you based ?

6. adamangler

West Yorkshire mate

7. matt

matt Member

Keep going mate, the customers are out there. I was the same and did exactly as you did today many times! Ended up back at home peed off with myself. And I had spent a fair amount of dough on the van setup. I asked a salesman friendto come out with me for a couple of days and never looked back. He said just ignore any rejection, be very polite, staright to the point as Sp said and move on if they are'nt interested. keep it very simple. Good luck and don't beat yourself up it is a hard thing to do when you are not used to it..

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Great post matt :thumbsup:

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If you were near London i would have said come out with me canvassing or i would come with you
    I don't know if any of us are near you

10. matt

matt Member

Thanks Smurf, high praise indeed. Like anything in life, if we can stick at it with belief, it will happen!

Advertisement